Annabeth at Goode

"ANNABETH GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OUT OF BED!" A familiar voice yelled. I sat up bolt straight. I looked at the the time, 6:43 am. I groaned and swung my legs out of the bed. I walked from my room to the living room, where I found nine familiar faces. Thalia Grace, Katie Gardner, Travis and Connor Stoll, Nico di Angelo, Grover Underwood, Juniper, Clarrise la Rue and Chris Rodriguez. I gasped and froze in my tracks.

"Oh my gods!" I yelled and ran up to them. I gave them each big hugs. "What are you guys doing here?!" I asked. "I thought you weren't coming until next month!"

My best friend, Thalia, shrugged. "We thought we'd come a little early."

I couldn't contain my smile. "You guys are crazy."

My friends shrugged; they couldn't argue, they knew it was true.

"This is great! Today is my first day as well, Percy is going to be so surprised-"

"Ooh, Percy?" Travis cooed. I stuck my tongue out at him. Everyone thought that Percy and I were in a secret relationship, even though I had no feelings for him whatsoever. Well, maybe I used to have a tiny thing for him, and maybe I still have a small crush on him. So what?

"Shut up Travis. I've told you before, there's nothing going on between us," I said.

"But what about that time at Mount St. Helens?" Connor asked. I blushed. Yes, I kissed Percy before. So what?

"I thought that he was going to die." I said and walked into the kitchen. They all followed. "Wait- how do you even know that?"

Connor just shrugged, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Can we not talk about Percy and I?" I said quickly before anyone could bring it up against "The good thing is that we're all going to be together. So are you guys coming today?" They shook their heads.

"Sorry, it's Friday. It's me and Connor's prank day." Travis said.

"And someone's gotta make sure that they don't go overboard." Grover said, pointing at himself.

"I've got one last mission with the Hunters." Thalia said.

"Juniper and I are going shopping." Katie said.

"Chris and I are going out." Clarisse said, taking her boyfriend's hand.

"Aw." I pouted.

"Don't worry, we're coming on Monday."

"So Annabeth," Katie said, "have you told Percy that you transferred to Goode?" I shook my head.

"No." Today would be my first day at my new school, Goode.

"He'll be so happy to see you..." Connor mumbled.

"Shut it!" I yelled.

"I bet that he'll kiss you." Clarisse said. There were a couple 'oohs'.

"No he won't!" I said, putting my hands over my ears.

"Wanna bet?"

"Yeah."

"Fine. If you two kiss, you have to give me fifty dollars. If you don't kiss, I give you the same."

"You probably don't even have that money." I pointed out. Clarisse raised her eyebrow and reached into her pockets. She held out fifty mortal dollars.

"I stand corrected."

"So is it a bet, blondie?" She asked and held out her hand. Without hesitation, I shook it.