Chapter Fourteen

I placed my hand on Dylan's shoulder, unable to hold back my tears. My heart felt heavy the moment I recognized the concerned expression plastered on his face. For some reason I noticed the small things about him.

His hair was dry and messy, his eyes bore into mine, his lips pursed and he was breathing heavily as if he knew what was coming. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I finally managed to choke out the words.

“Blaze... She's not here...” I cried.

His eyebrows knitted into a deep frown and he looked around, wondering what the hell I was going on about.

“What do you mean? Where is she then? Why are you crying?” he held my slumping shoulders.

I couldn't look him in the eye. “Blaze got kidnapped yesterday,” I sobbed.

If it weren't for Dylan holding onto me, I would have collapsed. I was feeling weak, but it was no time for resting. We had to find Blaze before Tony hurts her. Dylan realized that I wasn't going to be able to tell him everything, so instead he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a warm, comforting hug. His gaze fell on Hunter, who was still shocked upon Dylan's arrival. Dylan helped me sit down on the couch and then walked towards Hunter, his hands clenched into fists.

“Where is Blaze, Hunter?” he said through gritted teeth. “And why didn't you tell me?”

“You have your own problems, Dylan. You had to find Tahira. We thought you'd be away for longer and in that meantime we could find Blaze,” Hunter said honestly.

“Where is she...?” his voice cracked, making me look up.

“We think Tony took her...” I breathed out.

His head whipped to my direction, his eyes wide and anger slowly consuming him alive. His hands clenched into fists and he took a deep breath.

“How did he get her?” he asked, his voice suddenly hoarse.

“We were on our way to Jack's wedding, but we got into an accident and they took Blaze  away,” I sniffed.

“But we found a way!” Aisha nodded hopefully. “We can track them down!”

“How?” Dylan asked and I noticed the spark of hope in his eyes.

“We can look at the CCTV footage of the stores!” I held his upper arms. “We can track down the car.”

“That is what Tony wants anyways,” Hunter muttered loud enough for us to hear him.

He was right. Tony did want that and he knew that we had no other option. I was only confused about one thing. If Tony wanted me, why didn't he kidnap me instead of Blaze? I pursed my lips. God only knows what he was planning and I for sure knew that it was nothing good.

Dylan nodded at us and we wasted no time getting in the car. My ankle still hurt like a bitch, but it was worth it. I had to find my Blaze. Hunter and I sat in the front while Dylan and Aisha took the back. Hunter started driving down the same streets he did yesterday and they only brought back the horrendous memories of how Blaze was taken away from us. I somehow held back the tears and eagerly waited for Hunter to finally stop the car.

Everything was so silent, which only made my mind race even more. All the thoughts of what Tony could have done to my daughter only made me worry more. I swallowed harshly and my heart started pounding when we finally reached the first store. I looked up at the camera at the top of the pillar in front of the store and hope sparked within me.

The store was small. They didn't seem to have many customers either. We walked inside and made our way to the man behind the cash register. It was a middle aged man with a well taken care of beard, ocean blue eyes, and a grumpy expression. He made me think of Bobby Singer from Supernatural.

“Excuse me, do you own this store?” I asked eagerly, which only made him frown.

I would be confused too if a limping woman who looked as if she hadn't slept for ages asked me if I owned the store I worked in, but what other choice did I have anyways?

“Yes, is there anything you need?” he asked and I released a shallow breath.

Maybe he wasn't as grumpy as he seemed.

“We wanted to ask if we could check your CCTV footage of last night,” Hunter went straight to the point.

He was breathing heavily and sweating a lot too. A few of the locks of his hair stuck to his forehead as he looked at the man with a hopeful look.

The man clenched his jaw and shot us an uninterested look. “No can do,” the man said as he turned around and started rearranging some of his product, only to avoid us. “I can only show you if you bring along a cop. I don't trust you kids.”

Hunter opened his mouth to say something, but I started speaking before he could.

“Please...” I pleaded in a shaky voice. “Our daughter was kidnapped last night, we need to find her...” I tried holding in my tears.

He turned around again and gave me a certain look as if he were studying me. He breathed out and pursed his lips. “Fine. I'll help ya.”

“Thank you so much!” I cried.

He just nodded at me and reached into a drawer, taking out some keys. He gestured us to follow him as he walked towards a door at the back of the store. He unlocked the door and we entered this spacious room that contained several boxes and two TV's that showed everything happening outside. We followed him to the computer and he typed yesterday's date in the search bar and three videos popped up.

“When did it happen?” he asked and Hunter answered,

“Around midnight.”

He nodded and clicked on one of the videos. It popped up on the TV screen and he fast forwarded it. Several cars passed the store before we noticed our car. It showed how we crashed into the tree and how two men dressed on black with masks on took Blaze from the car and carried her to the other. She was trashing around and even had a bad fall on the asphalt, but the men didn't care. Anger roared from within me, but I kept my calm posture. There was a third man in the front, but even his face was covered.

The man paused the video as they drove off and we saw the license plate number. Hunter and I looked at each other. All we hoped for was that this number leads us to Tony, because this was the only hope we had now. My gaze dropped back on the number and I inhaled sharply, the number printed in my brains forever.

74AF54.

I was ready to face Tony.