Chapter Five

Great, because we didn't have enough to worry about, we had to stand here and look at Tahira's parents who were giving us nasty looks. Tahira's mother had blonde hair, almond shaped eyes that were disgustingly smudged with eyeliner, she wore a bright shade of red lipstick, and her foundation was darker than her skin tone. The typical abusive/bitchy mother look.

“Tell me where my daughter is,” she demanded as she held a cigarette between her fingers.

I bend over and stroked Blaze's hair. “Honey, can you please go to your room? We have some things to take care of.”

She nodded and ran off to her room, closing the door with a loud sound. I squinted my eyes, knowing that we just have to fix that door.

I turned my head and looked back at the woman. Dylan and Hunter were standing next to me and Tahira was in the room we had given her. I was going to remain silent unless I was obliged to speak.

“Your daughter is not here. Maybe if you didn't hit her, she wouldn't run off, mother.” Dylan glared at his mother.

“Dylan,” Tahira's father interfered. “Please.” he gave us a pleading look. “Please, give me back my daughter.”

I didn't know what to do. He was pleading us for the daughter we were hiding. I heard Dylan sigh and he walked outside the living room. The father clenched and unclenched his jaw. He rubbed his cheeks violently with his hands and he constantly tapped his foot on the floor. I felt bad for him. How did he ever think it was a good idea to marry this woman and ruin his and his children's lives?

"Dad..." We heard a soft voice.

Our heads snapped towards Tahira who was standing at the doorframe with tears in her eyes.

"Tahira!" Her father cried as he spread his arms, inviting her in for a hug.

Tahira wasted no time in sprinting to her father and pulling him into a tight bear hug. Seeing them both cry made my heart swell up. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked back at Aisha as she shot me a weak smile. I returned the smile and turned my head back at Tahira.

"Come on, let's go home," her father rubbed her back.

Dylan's mother shot me a nasty look before they all walked out of the front door without sparing a second glance. What in the living hell just happened? The police did absolutely nothing after hearing about the mother raising a hand on Tahira. Why did no one take any action?

"Well," Dylan signed loudly. "There goes Tahira. I wish I could do something about it."

Dylan sank to the couch and rested his elbow on his knees with his head in his hands. Everything was tense and silent. We felt so helpless. Of course we couldn't do anything about it. There was no evidence of anything and obviously the parents had full custody. I heard a sniff and my eyes grew wide when I realized Dylan was crying.

"Dylan..." I breathed out and sat next to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder, assuring him that we were going to think of something. "Dylan," I ran a hand through his hair. "We'll know if something's wrong with Tahira and we won't make the same mistakes I did. We'll save her, okay?"

Dylan looked at me. His eyes were already red and the bags were clearly forming under his eyes. My heart sunk to my stomach, seeing Dylan like this. He cared for his sister and no one could understand him better than Hunter and I.

"Zoe, what can I even do? Her father is wrapped around my Mom's finger. He'll do anything she says and they'll do anything to keep Tahira away from me. If they get a restraining order, how—" he couldn't even finish his sentence as he gasped for air.

I hugged him tightly. "Don't worry, Dylan. Not even a restraining order will keep you from your sister."

Dylan hugged me tightly, sobbing on my shoulder. Aisha and Hunter walked over to us and helped me comfort Dylan. Never in my life I had seen Dylan like this. I knew that things often got rough for him in the past, but I never saw him accept defeat like this.

I hugged Dylan tighter. The Dylan who always cracked jokes, was now sobbing on my shoulder. Along with my pain for him, I felt anger. I felt my blood boil, knowing that Tahira wasn't going to be okay, because her 'mother' was nothing but a self-centered monster.

"Don't worry, Dylan," Hunter ruffled Dylan's hair. "We won't let anything happen to your sister."

---

"Is her asleep?" Hunter asked as I walked into the room.

I nodded. "Yeah, he's asleep now, finally."

Dylan fell asleep earlier today and he continuously woke up after having constant nightmares until he refused to go back to sleep. He was up for four hours, shaking and refusing to talk about anything. I didn't know much about Dylan's past, but now I do know that perhaps it was as horrible as mine and Hunter's.

"Is Blaze asleep?" Hunter asked once again, since I didn't hear him the first time.

"Yeah, she fell asleep in Dylan's arms. Why else do you think he was able to go back to sleep?" I chuckled.

I sat on the bed and sighed. "You're thinking the same thing, aren't you?"

I looked at Hunter. I was thinking the same thing. "How are we going to save her? Should we inform the police?"

"They won't be able to do anything until either Tahira speaks up or they find evidence of abuse. He father is a lawyer. Even if Tahira speaks up, and if he really is wrapped around his wife's finger, he can get her out of it." Hunter sat up.

"Then what do we do? I can't stand seeing Dylan like this..." I inhaled sharply.

"Me neither," Hunter ran his hand through his hair out of frustration. "We don't know what will happen next. Her lot her is more of an emotionally abusive person, and though she already is hitting her, thing can and will get worse because abusive people just don't know when to stop."

I looked at my fingers on my lap. I just hope that Dylan will stay strong through all of this. I just hope things will be fine.

---

HELLO MY PSYCHOTIC DEVILS!!

WELL, WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Well, I'm not deleting this story, well, at least not yet lol. I'm still insecure about it.

Anyway, tell me what you thought about it, and what course you think this story is going to take.

Hope you guys enjoyed! I gotta go now, but don't forget to,

-vote

-comment

-follow

-SHARE IF YOU CAN!!! BYE BITCHACHOS!!!