Chapter Eleven

[NOT EDITED]

I smiled as I walked over to Hunter and leaned against the table. He was sitting in the dining room around three in the morning, working on his laptop. His glasses rested on his nose, and reflecting the light the laptop screen gave, it gave his face a whole other kind of look. His hair messily pointed to every known direction with a lock hanging down his face, covering part of his right eye.

“It's three in the morning, Hunter,” I said in my unattractive sleepy voice.

Without looking up at me, he typed something, “Yeah, sorry, honey, but I really need to get this done for Jack,”

Jack was Hunter's boss. A complete sweetheart, I would say. He's helped us a lot in the past and never thought I would ever think of this sentence, but he was an amazing boss. Possibly the best.

“Fine, want me to stay up with you?” I asked, running a hand through his soft hair.

“Yes, please,” he finally looked up at me.

I smiled, “Well, since we won't sleep anymore, want some coffee?” I played with my own hair.

I'm sure that if Dylan was here, he would say, “What's your deal with hair, woman?”

Hunter shot me a slight nod and I started to the kettle. I filled the water and then plugged it, leaving the water to heat. I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. A blanket of comfortable silence cloaked the room and the water heating up along with Hunter's random typing were the only sounds to be heard.

Once the water was done heating up, I made us both some coffee and walked over to Hunter. I placed coffee next to the laptop and then leaned against him, sipping mine.

“Thanks,” he said and I kissed his head in return, “Already spoke to Aisha about Blaze and Draco?” he asked out of the blue.

I sighed, holding onto my mug, “Not yet. I'll see when I can, I'm just scared she won't agree...”

“I understand. Take your time. We'll figure out something,” he said, still not looking up at me.

I nodded, but obviously he didn't see that. Everything went silent again, and suddenly I found myself missing his heavy sleepy voice again. Don't blame me for his sexiness.

He finally carefully held the cup and brought it to his lips, sipping a bit of the coffee, “I have a friend. Not exactly a friend, I just did him a huge favor a few years ago, he works at the department Tony was locked in,”

“That's how you knew everything... I was wondering,” I hummed. “And?”

“Well, he thinks it's not good behaviour,” Hunter finally looked up at me.

I placed my mug on the table and frowned at him, “What are you trying to say?”

“What I'm saying, is that he thinks that they were bribed,” his hand rested on my hip.

“Fuck...” I muttered as Hunter pulled me onto his lap, “Now that does make more sense...”

Hunter took off his glasses and carelessly threw them on the table. He then wrapped his arms around me, holding onto me.

“It does. So, that makes him being after us more believable now,” his hand rested on my thigh.

I sighted out loud and rested my head on his shoulder. Why couldn't Tony just get a life and let me live mine peacefully? I haven't done anything to him, why does he have to be so cruel to me?

Hunter wants to kill him, but with all honesty, I don't. He may have done a lot to me in the past, but he's still my brother. Before Dad passed away, we were the perfect normal family. I would be lying if I said that he never did anything good, because at some point he used to be an amazing brother.

Hunter stroked my back and I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch. I smiled to myself. If Tony even kills me, I know I won't die unhappy. In the years I've known Hunter —been with Hunter, I've had nothing but happiness. My life has been amazing so far, and these are the things Tony will never be able to snatch away from me no matter how hard he tries.

I felt his lips press a light kiss on my forehead and I smiled even wider, “Heard anything from Dylan yet?” he asked and I shook my head.

I opened my eyes and sighed in exhaustion, “I don't think that he wants to talk to us and I completely understand. We cancelled the whole thing last moment. Of course he'd be disappointed.”

“Besides, he's a bitch,” Hunter said, making me chuckle, “He won't talk to me for a while. Because everything's Hunter's fault.”

“You know, you two are really just a whole different story. I'm sure if you were famous figures, fanfictions would be popping up everywhere,” I laughed when Hunter scrunched his nose in disgust.

“I wouldn't even want to read that. Me with that little bitch? Never,” he said and I snorted out a chuckle.

Time flew by. We were so caught up in enjoying each other's presence that we hadn't even noticed the time until Blaze came in running with her cute pink pajamas on while wearing the bunny slippers Hunter bought her a while ago. After her came Draco, barking happily. I facepalmed myself. I swear, huskies bark so loud, they can burst your eardrums.

“Good morning, Mommy!” Blaze ran towards me as I got off Hunter.

“Good morning, baby!” I hugged her back tightly as soon as her arms wrapped around my legs.

She pulled away from me and looked at her Dad, “Daddoo!” she squealed and hugged Hunter.

I smiled, usually Hunter leaves early in the morning and she barely gets the chance to see him, so I understand her excitement of seeing her father home. I petted Draco and he shot me his usual I'm-feeling-high face.

Once Blaze was done playing around with Hunter, she ran off to the bathroom to get ready for school. While she was busy, I made sandwiches for her and her new friend. I smiled, happily thinking about Blaze.

Blaze is my daughter and I will do anything, anything, to keep her safe.