Chapter Nine [SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS]

[NOT EDITED]

"Yes, but I'll have to go..." I sighed. "Yes, Blaze is coming with us... Okay, bye. Take care," I smiled and tapped on the red hang up button after saying another quick goodbye to Aisha.

"What did she say?" Dylan looked up at me as Blaze pulled onto his nose.

"She said it's fine. She thought we'd leave Blaze here, but I don't want to honestly. Not how Tony's going to be out of jail soon."

“I understand,” he nodded at me before poking Blaze, making her giggle.

I smiled, “I'll be right back...”

He nodded again and continued on playing with Blaze. I walked into my room and locked the door after entering. I sighed as I sat on the bed with my head in my hands. I didn't quite understand why I had this from time to time, but I would just remember certain things from the past and it would just get so difficult to forget them. The scars I had on my body reminded me of every second, every minute that Tony took to just ruin the body I have.

Knowing that even though I managed to get saved, many other girls go through the same thing every day. I swallowed harshly, thinking about Tahira. One day or another everything she's going through is going to get worse and maybe then it will be too late to save her. And that just brings me to another question:

When is too late?

This time it was a vase, who knows that it's going to be next time. We had to do something before it got too late...

A sudden knock on the door startled me. Thinking that it was Dylan, I ran to the door and unlocked it, only to find Hunter looking at me.

I smiled warmly, but he abruptly pushed me inside and stepped in himself. He then eagerly continued locking the door and turned around.

“Hunter... What happened? Why are you so anxious? You're shivering, Hunter!” I gasped.

Hunter placed his hands on my shoulder, “We can't go... And we can't keep Dylan here...”

I frowned at him, “But why? We have to go! Tahira needs us!”

Hunter covered my mouth with his hand, “Keep your voice down, Zoe!” he whisper yelled, “I know she needs us, but we can't go...”

“But why not...?” my voice cracked.

He ran his hand through his hair and clenched his jaw, “Tony's already out of jail.” he said quickly.

My eyes grew wide and my throat suddenly went dry, “B-But he wasn't supposed to get out until next week!”

“I just heard it from Zachariah. Guess who got him out,” he sat on the bed. The name ‘Alyssa’ was the only thing going through my head. “Yup, guessed it right, that Alyssa bitch.”

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temple in frustration, “But wouldn't it be better to leave?”

Hunter shook his head, “Alyssa has been spying on us. That bitch probably knows about Tahira and Tahira has enough to deal with, Zoe.”

He was right. We couldn't risk Tahira's life. I know Tony; all the good behavior was just an act to get out of jail since he couldn't get bailed. That's how he put Alyssa to spy on us. And now that he was out of jail, all he was going to look for was a perfect moment to strike. He spent years in jail because of me and of course he was going to take his revenge. And I somewhere had the feeling that it was going to be much worse that what he made me go through for two years.

“What do we tell Dylan...?” a tear slipped down my cheek. “Dylan his life is in danger too... If Tony gets him, he's done!” I gasped.

“That's why he has to leave. If he stays here, Tony is going to look for him first,” he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

I blinked a few times, “What about Blaze? And Draco?”

He was silent for a few seconds, “Can we leave Draco at Aisha's?” she asked and I nodded. “Great, now we have to think of something for Blaze.”

“Maybe Dylan can take her with him? Zachariah is there anyways, he'll take care of Blaze. He has done a lot for her anyways,” I suggested.

“I do trust him, so I guess we could ask him,” he said and I nodded.

“What do we tell Dylan though?” I sat next to him.

“I'll tell him that I can't go because of work. So, you'll obviously stay with me,” he nodded his head and so did I.

Now, all we had to do was face the scary and overdramatic monster known as Dylan. I got up and patted Hunter's head,

“You get a shower and I'll talk to Dylan.”

He shot me a weak smile and I walked to the door. I placed my hand on the handle and turned around, Looking at Hunter as he took off his clothes.

I let out a shallow breath and unlocked the door, walking out and closing it again. I made my way to the living room where Dylan was stroking Blaze's hair. She was asleep with her head on his lap as she held onto his index finger.

I sat on the couch and he looked up at me. I smiled down at Blaze and I heard him chuckle.

“She just randomly fell asleep with her mouth open,” he continued stroking her hair.

“That's adorable!” I giggled.

“You know,” he looked down at Blaze, “She makes me think of Tahira. She often falls asleep like this... ” I felt my heart sink to my stomach. How was I supposed to tell him? “I've spent time with her since I heard about her. In the beginning I was upset about it, but when I got to know her I realized that she may be my stepsister, but she's still my sister after all. I just hope she'll be fine...” he breathed out.

I gave his shoulder a squeeze, “I'm sure she'll be fine...” I smiled and he smiled back. I bit my bottom lip, “Dylan...” I breathed out in defeat, “We have to talk...”

His eyebrows knitted into a frown, “Is everything alright, Zoe? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, but... I don't know how to tell you this...” Just tell him, Zoe. “Dylan... Hunter and I... We can't accompany you to London...”

“What?!” his suddenly wore a disappointed expression.

Oh boy...