Sirius Black in Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"Go get your dog, and then we'll head to the Great Hall." Severus said.

I went outside and called Blacky's name. He came running. I took him to the Great Hall. 

"He's not on the first floor." I said.

"I've done the dungeons, there's no sign of Black there, nor anywhere else in the castle." Severus said. 

"I didn't really expect him to linger." Dumbledore said. 

"Do you mind if Blacky's here?" I asked.

"No. I expect he'll be a source of comfort to the students right now." Dumbledore said.

Blacky, as if understanding us, trotted around the Great Hall and let anyone who wanted to pet him. I noticed that when he got to Harry, after seeing everyone else first, he laid down next to him and licked Harry's hand. 

"Aww." I said. 

"Remarkable feat, don't you think?" Severus asked. "To enter Hogwarts castle, on one's own, completely undetected?"

"Quite remarkable, yes." Dumbledore agreed. 

"Any theories on how he managed it?" Severus asked.

"Many. Each as unlikely as the next." Dumbledore replied.

"You may recall prior to the start of the term I expressed concerns to the appointment of Professor-" Severus was cut off by Dumbledore.

"Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black enter it." Dumbledore said firmly. "I'm quite convinced the castle is safe and I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses." 

"What about Potter? Shouldn't he be warned?" Severus asked. 

"Warned about what?" I asked. 

"Is Potter asleep?" Severus asked. I looked at Harry. He had one arm wrapped around Blacky and his eyes were closed.

"He looks like it." I said. "Why?"

"I don't want him to here this. Sirius Black is his godfather." Severus said. "And he's the reason his parents are dead."

"What?" I said. 

"Yes. He told Voldemort where they were so Voldemort could find them." Severus said. 

"Oh my goodness." I said. "And the only family he has left is someone who's out to kill him." 

"It's terrible." Severus said. He gave me a look that clearly said, 'Harry has one more family member left.' 

"I need some teachers to stay and keep watch over the students." Dumbledore said.

"I'll do it." I said.

"So will I." Severus said. 

"Very well. If you two need anything, you know where my office is." Dumbledore said.

Severus and I walked around, surveying the students. Most of them were asleep, but there were some who just couldn't fall asleep from all the excitement. I sighed. It was going to be a long night. I started getting tired after about two hours, but I stayed awake as long as I could. At one point Severus came up to me. He looked wide awake.

"Violet, you should get some rest. You look like you're going to fall asleep at any moment." He said. 

"No. I can stay awake a little longer." I said.

"Are you sure?" Severus asked.

"Yes, completely." I said. 

"Alright then." Severus said. He kissed me on the forehead. 

----------------------------------

Severus's P.O.V. 

How had Sirius Black gotten into the castle undetected? I had a feeling Lupin had something to do with it. I walked around, making sure none of the students got murdered in their sleep. Violet's dog was asleep next to Harry. I had to admit, that was a kind of cute. Violet smiled when she saw it, in spite of how tired she was. I walked up to her after another hour.

"Violet, you're obviously about to fall asleep." I said. "Just go lay down and close your eyes for a little while. I can keep watch."

"No." Violet mumbled.

"Yes." I said. I dragged Violet over to the wall and held her against my chest. 

"Sev, let me go." Violet said.

"You are going to close your eyes and go to sleep and I don't care what you say." I said firmly. 

"Fine." Violet said, but I could hear the relief in her voice. 

Violet rested her head against my chest and closed her eyes. I stroked her hair. I could tell she was asleep after 2 minutes. I wanted to go to sleep, but I knew I had to keep watch over the students. I was able to watch until I saw dawn. I shook Violet awake.

"Do you mind if I close my eyes for a little while?" I asked. 

"Not at all. Why didn't you wake me up before this?" Violet asked.

"You just looked so peaceful." I said. 

"You realize I'm going to make you take the day off." Violet said. 

"Fine." I said.

"Good. Now get some sleep." Violet said. 

I rested my forehead on Violet's head and fell asleep. After about 2 hours, Violet woke me up. 

"I'm sorry. I heard people coming and I don't want them to think you're sleeping on the job." She apologized.

"It's fine. I got the rest I needed." I said. Violet smiled at me.

"You were able to stay awake longer than me." Violet said.

"I almost fell asleep after you did." I confessed. 

"But you didn't." Violet pointed out. I kissed her forehead. She glanced at Harry when we broke apart and smiled. "Aww, look." 

Harry had both arms wrapped around Blacky and had his head resting on Blacky's side, like the dog was a pillow. I smiled. 

"I have to admit, that's cute." I said. 

"It's adorable." Violet said. "He seems to like Harry a lot." 

"Yes, he does." I agreed. 

Dumbledore came in and told us to wake up the students. Violet wanted to scream, 'WAKE UP,' but I wouldn't let her. She settled for walking around and shaking the students awake. When Violet got to Harry, she gently tapped him. Harry opened his eyes.

"Well, that was the best sleep I've had in a long time." He said, stretching. "Can I have five more minutes?"

"Sorry, kid, but you have to get up. If I let you sleep longer than the others that would be favoritism." Violet said. "But just for the record, you are my favorite." Violet whispered. Harry smiled. 

"And for the record, you're my favorite teacher." He said. 

"Good." Violet chuckled. 

Dumbledore cleared the sleeping bags and pillows away with magic and then put the house tables back. He gave everyone the day off to recover from last night. Violet and I sighed in relief when Dumbledore said that. We would probably spend the whole day sleeping since we had been up all night. I yawned when Dumbledore dismissed us. 

"Do you want to go to sleep now?" I asked. Violet nodded eagerly. 

Violet called Blacky and we went down to the dungeons. I turned to Violet when we got to his office. 

"Do you want to stay with me, or go to your office?" I asked.

"If it's alright with you, I'm going to sleep in my office." Violet said. 

"That's fine." I nodded.

I went into my bedroom and laid down and fell asleep quickly. My sleep was undisturbed by dreams. It had been a long day and night, and I was glad to finally get some rest.