Chapter 6

Earlier....

She had no idea where she was, just that it smelled like poop and pee and everything in between.  Tall trees blocked the sky from her view, and she was laying in what she hoped was mud.  Angelicas body was covered in bruises from head to toe and her clothes were mostly ripped off her body.  "Surface..." was the first thing she whispered.  "...trees...TREES."  her mind began working again and she was on the surface!  She sat up, but her head and body throbbed and threw her back into the smelly mud.  She groaned and wanted to cry, she was here alone, away from her father and Sophie, her best friend.  Angelica tried again to sit up, the wave of pain kicked in, but she fought threw it and slung herself forward onto dry grass.  "Where....is...that woman...." Why was that woman screaming for help, and why was she in the bunker?  Angelica knew everyone in the base, but that woman's voice wasn't anyone she knew.  After what felt like an hour she successfully stood up and leaned against a thin tree.  Her left arm was dripping with blood, but she didn't feel any pain in it so she ignored it.  Behind Angelica was a large lake about knee-deep, it was filled with a mixture of feces and water that just floated along the surface.  Angelica vomited in the lake, and then puked again.  She could feel her whole body encased in the feces like a harden shell, she sure as hell could smell it.  She shivered at the thought and the smell, and slowly walked away through the forest.  Her feet crunched on branches as she walked and the air was thick with humidity which made her sweat, this made the poop start to get moist and it would slowly slide down her face and body.  She vomited again, but nothing came up.  She scraped most of it off her face with her hands but then she would cry.  This was disgusting and inhumane and so ---something jumped on her back and she fell face forward, the ground cutting her face.  "AHHH, AGHHH, OORGHH" the person on top of her kept screeching and roaring as if it's voice was that of a gorilla.  "Ugh!  Get off!! Agh!"  The things teeth scraped her skin and got stuck on her bra strap.  It pulled up, trying to rip it off with its mouth.  Finally it snapped, once it realized that the strap had no meat, it went for her shoulder blade.  Luckily, while the thing was busy playing with her strap, she pushed forward and wiggled out from under the monster.  It grabbed her leg and lunged for it, yanking her back.  She kicked it straight in its pale face and she ran.  Her legs stretched acres as she tore through the thin woods.  The creatures growls were close behind her.  The ground sloped downward and led into a clear field with a small black shack in the middle.  She climbed up on the porch and pushed the open door and slammed it as quickly as she came in.   The thing banged and bashed with its head and feet.  She backed up and fell in the floor.  Her breathing was fast and long, she couldn't get enough air.  "It it it it was sick, the the parasites...it's actually real..." all of her disbelief and denial that the world ended was now gone.  The world did end.  And she was in it.  Alone.  The thing screeched and it's arm tore through the moldy rotten door, spraying wood and dust everywhere.  Angelica screamed and jumped up; she ran immediately behind her and hit a wall which threw her back down.  "Fuck!" She yelled as another arm broke through.  She went through a back window and sprinted towards the tree line.