Chapter 9

"ok kid, we are going to go to the roof of the building.  I don't even know if that's possible in Walmart but we'll try. " Felix said. The boy didn't move, didn't speak, didn't talk.  He had died three hours prior to Felix's plan.  "Let's do it. " Felix crawled back to the front counter and saw that there was only seven Parasitics now, all of them were about 18 feet away from the pharmacy, but none of them were facing his direction.  He hoped and ran on his tippy toes to a standing shelf half stocked with canned foods.  He ran to another shelf, this time a fallen one, a nearby Parasitic grunted and faced his direction.  Felix layed still and held his breath.  The thing snarled and walked away to the vegetable aisle.  He got to the frozen food section and walked into the back storage room through the giant wide doors.  Inside were a whole bunch of water bottles and jugs.  Felix grabbed a bottle and saw an exit sign.  He ran and opened it.  Afternoon sunlight hit him and he stood there.  He spent a whole entire 24 hours stuck against a small wall, sleeping to the sounds of a wheezing kid and the sounds of the sick slaughtering everyone.  This was nice.  He quickly began sweating and immediately hated the sun.  He ran past the garbage Bins and walmart trucks when he saw a Parasitic over someone, eating their intestines.  He took a few steps forward to see who it was, he almost dropped the bottle.  Aaron's eyes were still open, and his cheeks had teeth marks in them.  Felix quietly cried to himself.  They never got to go hunting.  They were supposed to go after the walmart meeting.  Felix stopped and silently said goodbye.  He walked in between another set of trucks when someone grabbed him, covered his mouth, and pushed him against the back of one of the trucks.  "Fuck Felix I thought you were dead." Becca hugged him, but quickly let go. "Becca." Felix said as he hugged her again, tightly.  She pushed him off but smiled.  "Why are you crying? Where is Aaron, he went to find you yesterday!" Felix smiled but his whole face contorted into another sob fest.  "Becca...i.i..i...he's dead..." "What? No no no no no..." She grabbed her head and leaned against the truck beside Felix.  "Damn it...t.t.that was the gunshot we heard.  He took a gun just in case, we thought he just shot one Parasitic, but it was probably himself." Becca let two tears fall from each eye and she rubbed her eyes.  That's why he hadn't turned, Felix thought.  "Becca, who else are you with? " She took a deep breath and spoke, but Henry came from around the truck.  Felix was stunned, but gave him a big hug.  "Thank God, I thought I left you guys to die." Felix said quickly.  "Well ya did." Felix rolled his eyes and laughed.  "What about Alice, where did she go?" "We don't know, she got separated by another horde.  That's when we split up.  I didn't find Henry and Aaron until everyone inside had been eaten.  Thank God I did though." Becca said with another rare smile.  "So are we ready to go then kids?" Henry asked, the two nodded and they walked down the steep downhill road.  "Tomorrow, we should come back and clear out the sick and scavenge the stuff they have, it was a lot." Henry nodded and they walked through a house community to avoid the sick on the streets.  "I've never seen a horde that big, where did they come from?"  Said Felix. "Well, Alice saw a horde about two days ago, the day we put the microwaves in. She told a-a-.  Aaron... and he went to Walmart yesterday to discuss it, thats the reason we came today.  I guess they were a lot closer than she thought." Said Henry while scratching his head.  "I hope our people didn't get hurt." Becca said worriedly.  Felix glanced at her, she just wanted to make sure one person wasn't hurt.