Chapter 11

They arrived at the McDonald's a day later.  The three kids camped out in a turned over SUV since an upcoming horde walked around the community out of nowhere.  Luckily they weren't noticed.  Becca ran to the side entrance in the wall and banged on the makeshift door, "Hey, hey!  Robert it's Becca!  Hey!"  The door swung open and it was Taya, she had bright red eyes and she threw herself on Becca when she saw her.  "Thank God, Becca!" Becca laughed and the two girls spun/hugged.  Taya looked at the two boys and went to give them quick hugs as she led them back into their home.  "Hey, Tates, did Alice come by here? " Henry asked, she shook her head.  "Sorry, we haven't seen anyone except you three.  We got hit by a giant horde about yesterday, when you guys didn't show we assumed it was cause you were in their way."  "Aw Taya, I'm sorry.  Was anyone hurt? " Becca asked in a hurried manner.  They went to the back right side of mcdonalds and saw a huge hole in the wall that was covered with a large white tarp and heavily guarded with at least six people.  "Wow, was anyone...bit..." Felix asked hesitantly, he could tell Becca was anxious to hear the answer.  Taya scratched her wrist and avoided eye contact.  "Yeah...we lost Jackson, Valeria, and Dominique."  Becca sighed with relief with her eyes.  "I'm sorry." Felix and Henry both said in unison.  "It's fine, don't apologize, they were your people too" Taya said with a little spite.  "Becca" a male voice said.  Becca turned and saw the tall Robert standing there.  She ran and hugged him and he held her tight.  "Becca i...I thought you were gone." She just smiled and held him tighter.  After a few milliseconds Felix felt awkward and said he was going to go the garden, since the Parasitic ripped through the tent.  He thought he'd say hi to everyone else after he ducktaped the garden.  It was hard doing it alone, but luckily Henry came.  They taped about eleven small holes until they started talking.  "I feel bad for Aaron.  We just left his body there, along with everybody else." Felix said as he ripped tape and placed it on a small crack.  "Don't feel bad, it wasn't your fault"
"I know but still, he went out to help ME.  He died because of ME because I was hiding for a whole entire day and he would have been ok if--" Henry grabbed his arms and looked at him; Henry's eyes were red and his face was changing, as if he was trying to hold it together in front of a kid three years younger than him.  "No Felix.  No. I should have gone with him.  I should have.  But I didn't.  I didn't..."  His face scrunched up in a ball of red and it made Felix feel weird to see his friend like this.  Felix put his head against Henry's and they just stood there in silence.  Surprisingly Felix didn't feel awkward or weird doing this with his friend, he was just releived someone else felt hurt and  weak as he did.  Outside the garden tent of bromance.  Robert and Becca were making out against the garbage bin behind the resturant.  They kissed and frenched forever, she ran her long fingers through his dark brown hair and she got the butterflies as he put his hand under her shirt and on her back.  Robert slowly brushed his hands upwards till they were on her bra.  She moaned quietly and pulled his pants down and he pulled down hers.  She jumped on him and he carried her as they made vertical love all through the night, Beccas first time.  Taya on the other hand was in the bathroom alone, sitting in a stall.  She had a joint in her left hand and a water bottle with white wine in the other.  She couldn't find any hard liquors in Valerie's things.  The wine bottle she found in her bag had a sticky note on it that said "Happy Birthday Antonio!!!" She thought she should've given it to him for coping purposes, but she liked it much better in her water bottle, with her.  She took a giant sip and took another hit from the blunt.  Another item found in Miss. Valerie's backpack of wonders.  Taya laughed and started to cry, but she pushed back the tears by draining all of the wine and smoking the weed until the end of the bud burnt her fingers.  She threw it in the empty toilet below her and started crying.  She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath, "I need some fucking tequila. "  She banged the bathroom stall open and left the bathroom and looked as normal as any day inside the wall. When she left the resturant she walked towards the garden, she needed to do something with her hands.  On her way there she saw Becca and Robert screwing out of the corner of her eye.  He must be good, she thought smiling.  When she walked into the garden, she saw Henry and Felix in front of a tear in the tent, their lips together.