Chapter 6- Relief in school. Safe? *Edited*

Start from the beginning

“Bye.” I smile back.

He gives me one last look as he stands in my doorway, gives me a smile and closes my door behind him.

I cup my face in my hands and sigh happily.

‘Told you he wouldn’t hurt us.’ My wolf says.

“Mmhmm.”

*Ding ding*

I grab my phone from my end table and read the text I just received.

“Hey baby. I’m so sorry about today. Let’s just forget about it ok?  I’ll be there tomorrow to pick you up from school. I love you. Sweet dreams. -You’re man, Ryder.”

I drop my phone and gasp. What the hell? Am I going crazy? Today did happen right? I broke up with him. I did. So why does it sound like he still thinks that we’re together. This is going to be harder than I first thought.

Chases POV:

Today has gone by so slow but the period that I’ve been waiting for all day and the highlight of the rest of my days to come is next. Now actually. Wait for it, wait for it, wa-there it is!

I inhale deeply and immediately my stress dissipates. Vanilla, Brown sugar and Peaches. Who knew that could be a remedy for stress? I look to the door just as she enters. My body instantly reacts. Damn those faded jeans that she’s wearing. Does she not know that they look like it’s painted on her? How am I supposed to control myself? I’m just thankful she’s wearing one of our schools sweaters. Thank God for the rain! Though, she still looks irresistible.

“Shit!” I whisper to myself and sit in my chair trying to hide my arousal.