Chapter 9-Awaken

Amara's head was heavy as she tried to move it, her eyes still shut and her ears ringing loudly. She groaned feeling a sharp pain at the back of her head that hadn't been there before.

She tried sitting up, her hand slowly rising to her head. Her body felt heavy as she moved almost fully in a sitting position when a pair of hands pressed her gently back down. She was laying on something soft, a bed? When had she gone to bed?

She started hearing mumbling through the ringing in her ears that she wished would just go away. Her mouth felt dry, and she was parched. She needed water.

Amara took a deep breath, her head gently bobbing from side to side as she frowned trying to open up her eyes.

"Take it easy Amara." A voice called, difficult to hear through the never ending ringing. Damn her body, why couldn't she just move?

"Where am I?" She asked, her voice coming out no louder than a whisper. Her voice was hoarse and her throat burned when she spoke.

"You're at home."

Feyre, that was feyre talking. She sighed, knowing she was at least somewhere safe and Feyre was okay. But what had happened? Why did she feel so awful?

"What happened?" She questioned, forcing her eyes to flutter open but they felt like heavy lids when she tried opening them. They didn't open more then a squint and her vision was blurry, adjusting to faelight in the room.

Her eyes slowly focused of Feyre's face as she sat at the edge of the bed beside her. The faelight illuminated the room, and the sun had gone down. How long had she been asleep? Cauldron what was going on?

"You hit your head. You've been resting, we were all so worried about you." Feyre said gently, holding her hand that stayed at her side.

Amara tried to remember the events before she had passed out. She remembered the fire in Velaris, the city that had started to burn. She remembered fighting creatures she had never seen before. Ones native to the Spring Court that shouldn't have been there.

As she looked around the room she watched Rhys enter through the bedroom door, sighing when he saw she was awake. "Oh thank the Cauldron you're awake." He said in relief, walking over to Feyre's side and looked down at her. There was a shadow over him, that he so delicately tried to hide from her.

"Even the High Lord is worrying after me." She chuckled softly and started up a couching fit. Feyre quickly picked up a glass of water and helped lift up her head, tilting the water cup for her to sip from.

Amara sipped on the water, trying to remember what had happened and she remembered Azriel. He had showed up onto the field. Was he all right? She finished with the water, pushing away Feyre's hand and pushed herself to sit up and groaned. She reached a hand to the back of her head that had been bandaged up.

"Where's Azriel?" She asked innocently, looking over at her two friends who shared a sad glance with each other.

Amara frowned, lowering her hand from her head. "Feyre, where is he? Is he okay?" She asked, holding herself up with her hands that had been placed palm down onto the bed. She was barely staying upright with the pain and booming headache she received from the movement.

Feyre sighed as Rhys looked down at his mate. Feyre gripped her hand giving her a soft smile. Her smile did not reach her eyes and she didn't understand. Had something happened to Azriel? Her heart started pounding at the thought of Azriel being injured.