Chapter 1-The Meeting

Azriel sat in the back of the room, shrouded in shadow.

Feyre and Rhysand were presenting a new member of the Court of Dreams to them all. While he wanted to keep an open mind, it was never a usual happening that anyone outside of their circle were apart of the small Court. It had always been just strictly friends, close friends. But Feyre had met the woman in the streets one day and had grown close to her. He would be kind he told himself, and prayed that Cassian did nothing to scare the poor girl off. Although, he should be more worried about Amren.

While Amren stayed mostly in the Summer Court with Varian, she still showed up on important occasions. Sometimes she showed with no word and scared the shit out of Cassian.

He chuckled at the thought, Rhysand giving him a curious look which he shook off, a small grin plastered onto his lips. He was curious about the new member, wondering what she was like.

One by one his friends walked into the town home they all had access to. Cassian walked out with Nesta on his arm, immediately dropping it when they came into view. She always tried to hide her feelings for Cassian but they all knew what was going on. They had ears.

As the two took their places by Feyre and Rhysand, Nesta looking entirely unpleased by having to attend and Feyre rolling her eyes at her sisters attitude. Cassian and Rhysand smirking, talking about what the unexpected meeting had interrupted for the new couple.

Then Elain and Lucien, both smiling wide entered in from the balcony with Mor behind them. Elains eyes met his and a soft smile sat on her lips. It had been a while since the two had last seen each other. He had hoped she would have stayed, with him and the rest of the court. And that she did, but not in the way he had hoped. She had gone with Lucien, her mate, to live below in the city sometimes visiting Helion in the Day Court. Whenever they were in a room together it was entirely awkward. He still had some feelings for her but knew she had none for him; not anymore.

Lucien noticed him finally, giving him a dip of his head and he did the same, watching the mated couple walking towards their high lord and lady.

Mor walked in on a phantom air, going beside the shadow singer crossing her arms. "She's an idiot for not choosing you Az." She said softly so no one would hear, but he knew Elain would hear them anyway or have already seen the conversation.

Azriel gently shook his head, his eyes never leaving the smiling woman gentle face. "No, she chose love and I don't hold it against her." He looked towards his friend with a soft smile.

Mor had also chosen love, which was not him. She had revealed her true heart to him a few short months after the war ended. He understood and had secretly suspected for centuries. He did not hate her or blame her for what she had done. They had quickly built up a new friendship, closer than ever before.

The blond woman elbowed his side, a grin slipping onto her graceful lips. "Maybe this new women will steal your heart away and not give it back."

He doubted it, no longer seeking the love he had wanted from Mor and then Elain. He had stopped searching and focused more onto his work but there seemed to be less and less of that as time went on. "We'll see," was all he said in response and she left in a fury of auburn fabric as she rushed to Feyre.

As the large group spoke amongst themselves, it was clear Amren wouldn't show or just be extremely late. She had written a long letter full of curse words and other such things, expressing her dislike of the new member. It was the most passionate letter they had ever received from the woman and had made them all wonder if turning into a true fae had given her a bit more, excited personality.

"She's going to be here soon! Please don't scare her off Cassian," Feyre announced, giving Cassian an accusing look while he simply held up his hands in fake shock. "I would never do such a thing."

They all laughed lightly and waited for the new member, turning their heads when the doors of the balcony opened on a soft wind, a figure stepping into the room and he knew in that moment, Mor had been right.

(I know it's short but I hope you like it :) Forgive me if it's poorly edited I didn't really edit it at all xD more chapters to come soon)