Chapter 13

Marissa's POV
I wake up with a smile. I look at my husband. He's holding my daughter, my brother John and my dad and my uncle surround me. I grab Emma and hold her closely and just kissing her head. She sleeps soundly. My husband sits down on the bed. He looks at me concerned. I remember what happened. Of course if that knife had stayed any longer I would have been dead in hours. I look at him and my eyes glow a deep red and he backs away. I have no idea why he would back away. I hand him Emma.

I ask him, "What are you backing away from?"

He says, "Your eyes they are dark red, no one has those unless they have been given a power that no one else has. But we have to find out what that power is!"

I look at him and I stare at him. I shift into my white wolf. It hurt at first but I get up and leave the room and I run into the forest to be alone.

Zander's POV
I just don't know what to tell my sister and brother. When I found my mate she was hurting. I always comfort her, tell her she is beautiful. I proposed to her last night after we won the war. I look at her and I see our future together. But the thing is she's from the Draven Pack the one that was led by my uncle and also Justin. I just walk with her in the forest. She is always with me no matter what. She's dedicated to me. I stop in my tracks. I put Ellie behind me. I growl and shift. My sister growls back. I look at her. She is hurt and I run to her and shift back to human form. She does the same. Marissa falls to the ground. Ellie runs to me and helps me check her vitals. I try to wake her up but she doesn't. I get up and pick up marissa and Ellie and I run to our house in the woods. As soon as we arrive at the house Ellie runs in and grabs a blanket and opens to the door and covers her. I bring her into my room and lay her down. I check her vitals again. She's still breathing and has a perfect heart beat. Then I notice the blood. She had just been in surgery in which it looks like three hours ago.

"Ellie grab my bag, I should have some needles and thread and some lap pads, I said to her. I need your help too babe."

Ellie grabs the bag and gets out the needle and thread and some lap pads.

"Now Ellie, I need you to put these lap pads around the wound, I said. Hold them there steadily. Any slip up and I don't know what we're going to do."

She holds them steadily and looks at me. She gives me a kiss for good luck. I grab the needle and thread and stitch Marissa up.

"Okay I've got the wound all stitched up, I said. Now hand me the sterilized pad I'll need the tape too and the bandage stuff so I can wrap it around her. You are doing great Ellie. I love you."

Ellie says, "I love you too Zander."

I bandage Marissa all up. I leave to go clean up. Ellie grabs her clothes from the closet and changes Marissa's clothes so she will wake up clean. I check on Marissa's vitals every hour. She finally wakes up at midnight.

Marissa says, "Zander what happened?"

I say, "Well you ripped up your stitches when you shifted apparently. Are you hungry? We still have left over roast and potatoes and we can get the corn heated up. Would you like that?"

Marissa says, "Zander who's we?"

Ellie walks in and joins Zander.

Ellie says, "I am the other part of the we. My name is Ellie, Ellie Jane."

Marissa says, "You're... you're her, the girl that's from my ex dead husbands pack! Zander what the hell is she doing here for? You know our land forbids Draven flesh. We kill them. Dads alive but mom isn't thanks to her pack! Justin almost hurt my kids! What the hell are you thinking. She can't stay!"

I say, "She saved your live, she changes your clothes. She has been tending to you and all you can think about is that stupid pack. She isn't them anymore. She was abandoned there! I will not have you speak to Ellie like that. She is staying no matter what you say Marissa!"

Marissa says, "Then I'm leaving."

Marissa tries to get up but she can't stand.

Ellie says, "You can't leave Marissa, when you shifted while you had the stitches you ripped them. Zander and I made sure you didn't shift until they are healed."

Marissa says, "Fine. But the power that I have I will find now!"

Marissa concentrates really hard. Her eyes glow a dark deep red. Zander and Ellie back up. She heals herself and finally finds her power.

Ellie says, "How the hell did you do that? No one but a true alpha can do that it only happens when your e..."

"Yes I already know, this my power that I have, and it's to heal myself and possible other people," Marissa said.

Marissa gets up and leaves the room. She shifts into her form and howls. She cries out. Other howls are heard.

"Marissa what have you done, you can't hurt my fiancée, I cannot allow this," I said.

Marissa states, "I howled to let my pack know that I am okay. I give you my blessing for the marriage but I don't know about dad!"

She leaves the house. Ellie hugs Zander. They kiss each other.

Ellie says, "I love you Zander!"

I say, "I love you too my beautiful mate, I will always."

~Hey guys I hope you liked Chapter 13. It took a lot longer than I had thought. I just had the idea while listening to my favorite song: Stay. So tell me what you think. I hope to get a hundred reads soon. If you ever have a thought tell me I will appreciate it. Oh don't forget to follow me. So I love you all!

*Banshee*