Chapter 20

Feelings

(After the accident)

Jeremy's P.O.V

"I think you should maybe rest for a while." I finished explaining to my parents and my mum got emotional and my dad as a doctor wanted to do some examination or something but he was happy.

Now they are trying to get me to rest for a bit.

"Xander honey, take him to his room please." Xander nodded and motioned me forward.

He followed after me to my room and once we arrived at the front of my door he reached beside me and opened the door for me. Under normal circumstances I'd feel neutral about that but this situation is anything but so when he opened the door I blushed bright red.

"I, umm... thanks." I smiled and he smiled back.

"You it was nothing umm... good luck in the trial on Sunday. I'm sure it's gonna go great." He spoke confidently.

"Yeah, well Dianna's a g-great lawyer so I hope so too." I had forgotten the trial until he brought it up.

The nerves came rushing back and began to panic internally.

"Wow. Jeremy, are you okay?" I looked to realize I didn't panic internally.

I was shaking slightly.

"Y-yeah I guess I'm just scared, nervous. Still not sure what exactly. I mean, how is one supposed to say what happened in an event that could involve someone going to prison if I couldn't even remember my own name." I sighed out and looked down.

"Look at me." I looked up at him and he was suddenly slightly closer than he was before.

He put his hands on my shoulders.

"You're gonna do fine. I believe in you. In all my years of living I have never met anyone as smart and as brave as you are, with that in mind I know that you're going to find a way to do the right thing. You don't need to be scared or nervous you need to walk in and act like you're the most confident boy in the room. Okay?" I don't know what happened or what I felt at that specific moment but I knew I had an urge and a suddenly burst of confidence so I grabbed Xander's face and pulled his lips to mine.

He seemed shocked at first but he didn't hesitate to kiss me back. It felt like all the world's problems vanished and it was just he and I and now.

"Thank you." I said against his lips once our lips departed from one another.

He smiled and I hugged him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Oh, sorry, am I-am I interrupting?" I didn't take my head off his shoulder or stop hugging him.

I feel comfortable there.

"No, I was... just about to go." Xander said and slowly, with a lot of hesitation, let go of me.
•.°
Sooner than I hoped it was Saturday which means one thing, tomorrow is the day of the trial. Thanks to Xander I know how to slowly regain memory but I still can't choose which memories I get. An ability that would be useful a day before the trial. Today.

I sighed noticeably and my mum looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She sat my breakfast on the table as she spoke.

"Nothing, just... I've been getting a new memory everyday for almost a week now and I never got the one I need tomorrow. It's just... Really frustrating." I sighed.

"Dear, that right there is why you can't remember, you're stressing yourself out. If you go on like that you'll never remember. Calm down. Even if the memory doesn't come back tomorrow Dianna will do her best to get that woman behind bars."

Crash and Burn (BoyxBoy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें