Chapter 15

I'll tell you later

(After the accident)

Jeremy's P.O.V

Xander didn't answer, we arrived at my house before I could ask him again. So I lay in bed pondering on all that's happened. When I woke from my week-long 'nap' a man, the doctor, told me he was my father then Joyce walked in calling herself my best friend. Later on Joyce came with a group and talked to me, some cried, others were bummed however they did in fact try to get me to remember who they were and they huge part of my my life that they were, that's what happened for a while. Until I was out of the hospital to be exact. Then I met him, Xander, he acted pretty normal, a little too normal. I just assume that's him but then I learned about Martin. The thought of him brought a horrible shiver down my spine and an awful taste in my mouth. Martin, why do I feel such horrible things when all he's done that I can remember is talk shit to me. What did he do to make me hate him so much? Why is Xander keeping secrets from me? All of those thoughts in mind I went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with the window light shining on my eyes. I lazily got down from my bed kicking the bed bed sheet and comforter off of me. I walked to the bathroom and went to take a shower as I rubbed my eyes opened.

After I showered I styled my eyebrow length hair into it's everyday style and then brushed my teeth and a bunch of other hygiene related necessities. So when I've done all that I went over to the kitchen to find my mum sitting at the table with a phone in her hand.

"Mum, are you okay?" She looked sad as if something was wrong.

"Umm... where's your brother?" She looked up to me.

"I don't know maybe still in his room. I'll go look." I said.

"Okay, I need to talk to you two." Why?

I'm so confused what's up with my mum?

With the question in mind I went to look for Steven in his room.

"Steven, you in there." I knocked on his door and waited for a reply.

Instead he opened the door, seemingly ready.

"What?" He asked.

"Mum wants to talk to us." I said.

"Why?" His brows came together in confusion.

I just shrugged and he followed behind me to my mum in the kitchen table.

"Hey mum what's going on." Steen asked.

"Boys, have a seat please." She sat I straight but her vision remained in front of her.

We did as she said and sat down at the kitchen table.

"I received a call this morning. You're bus driver has awakened from her coma. Now the state is charging her for putting in danger the life of children. Which because of the injuries you both suffered could result in a number of years in prison. The point is, they need you on the trial as witnesses. Boys I didn't tell you everything, when the bus exploded it killed five people one of them was a woman around twenty-five pushing around a baby stroller that carried her six-month-old baby and also a man who hadn't seen him family in years and was heading to them. I'm sorry that you guys need to go through more shit than you already have. You need to umm... change into some professional clothes were going to see what that woman is claiming to be the truth. The lawyer also said that it would help if you could get some kids who ride that bus on a regular basis. We're gonna explain to the office at your school and hopefully get some to come, with consent of their parents." She looked at us her deep blue eyes looking to ours for a reaction.