Chapter 10

Paint my feeling

(4 days before the accident)

Jeremy's P.O.V

Friday was uneventful nothing but school, homework and boring time with my parents. And that time with my parents was also how my weekend went. So I guess you could say that I was glad that it's now Monday and that I get to get away from all things family and no friends. I walked through the halls to arrive at my locker where I will be grabbing all of my necessary supplies for Ms. K's class.

"Hey, it seems we haven't seen each other in quite some time doesn't it?" It's Martin.

"W-w-well it hasn't b-been t-th-that l-long. " I kept looking at the interior of my locker as I stuttered out an answer.

"Maybe but, it still feels like a while." He shut the locker causing me to jump, startled.

He turned me around so I look at him. Suddenly I'd much rather be at home with my parents. Just as Martin's fist was gonna collide with my stomach a voice was heard through the intercom.

"Martin Valve report to the discipline office. Martin Valve report to the discipline office." He growled quietly before looking back at me.

"This isn't over." He pointed at me before he threw me against the locker.

I fell to the ground at the impact with it causing a pain to shoot through my back.

"Ugh... ahh... oww. Fuck. That hurt." I got up still feeling thankful that I can at least talk after this encounter.

I got up off the floor before opening my locker again and taking out my things and walking to class.

"Hey JerBear. How are you this fine morning?" Les asked as we met up in class.

"I'm good? Why are you so happy?" Even my first statement came off as a question, that's how confused I am.

"Nothing. I'm always happy! I dint need reason to be. Do I?" I stared, shocked, shes nervous, why?

"O-okay" I guess it's nothing right I mean what could it be.

It can't be that bad right? Yeah. It can't.

"Yeah, apparently in period five yesterday he told Mrs. Michaels to go fuck herself and that her assignments are shit and that she's annoying as hell and deserves to go back to school to educate herself but I don't know all the details." I don't know who they're talking about but what ever I didn't pay much attention to it.

"Sounds to me like you do. I also think that you need to breathe when you talk." Illiana moved her hands up and down as a gesture to breathe calmly.

"I don't know who you're talking about." I decided talking about this is more fun than sitting and doing nothing.

However that was short lived because Ms. K opened the door when the bell rang and everyone was allowed inside the freezing cold classroom. I took a seat before noticing something.

"Where's Xander?" I looked at Leslie and Illiana in a questioning manner.

"I dunno, I haven't seen him all day. Les?" Illiana seemed to notice the same thing before I even brought it up giving her expression a worried look.

"Ugh... I..." She cleared her throat and I just looked at her confused, "I haven't seen him either."

"Les? What are you hiding?" I looked at her as I questioned her.

"Nothing. What makes you think I'm hiding something?" She laughed awkwardly.

"I've known you for years, with all the time we've spent together I know that, you're a terrible liar. Now spill." I leaned closer to her trying to be quite during class when I really wanted to yell at her to tell me.