Chapter 12

"'The other day'"

3 days before the accident

Jeremy's P.O.V

There he is, sitting there again. The more I see him the more my heart breaks. He doesn't sit with us, ever. Not in breakfast or lunch. He at least comes to class now but, he doesn't even look in my direction. He avoids me like the plague and I hate it. However my need to talk to him is overshadowed by my hurt. Everything hurt, my head, my body, my everything. I know now that he does in fact like boys but he likes someone else. Probably someone on the team. That's why he's with them all the time now. I want to cry when I see him, one of those guys is gonna end up with the person I've liked for years. It's eating at my insides.

Please look at me.

Please look at me.

He doesn't.

"So, Mrs. Perez is back, period six is gonna be a hell hole." Illiana sighed angrily.

"Mrs. Perez?" Who's that?

"Oh, she's a Math teacher who just had her baby and got the maternity leave. But shes back now." Illiana clarified.

"Oh, is she really that bad?"

"No just, I liked the sub." I nodded in understanding.

"So, do we wanna do something after school?" Joyce asked.

"I can't. I have something to do." I said as I remembered that I need to get art supplies from Miss Shaw's class.

"What?" Oh, right I never told them about it did I?

"Miss Shaw convinced me to enter an art show and I need to take home some art supplies." I spoke nonchalantly to try to keep them from asking questions.

"Wait, you're doing an art gallery, since when?" Joyce asked.

"Well entery is due in spring, but I decided I'd do it yesterday when I was working on something after school." They nodded still clearly confused.

I'm not the type to display my art so this must come as a shock to then.

•.°

"Okay, so what was it that you needed for your painting?" I thought for a second to make sure I note everything I'll need.

"Umm... maybe some thin lead charcoal sketching pencils, a blending stick, some grey acrylic paint, if you have any and I think that's it." She smiled as she handed me a bag with the items I requested.

"Here you go. I'm really looking forward to seeing your art piece." I smiled before walking out of the classroom.

I but my lip in thought as I walked down the hall away from the classroom. I thought about what I would do for my art project. Maybe a landscape drawing? I've always been pretty good at those.

Nah.

Too boring and predictable. I sighed, what can I do?

My train of thought was interrupted as I was violently shoved on to a locker.

"Hey loser, what are you doing here after school?"

"Can you please give me a break Martin?" I sighed looking down, not quite as confident as I sound.

"A break? You want A break? I think you've had a long enough break. Don't you?" I'm scared, my heart is racing and could feel my palms begin to sweat.

"I-I..." Regret speaking, I shouldn't have said anything.

I shouldn't have even stayed today, I should've come Friday.