Chapter 18

Look out!

(The day of the accident)

Jeremy's P.O.V

Xander drove me to school which I thought was really sweet since I wasn't really expecting it. I did however get a text from my mum later when I was in breakfast that said that I need to take the bus home. It was the deal. She's not wrong either.

"Who's texting?" I looked up to Joyce speaking, "new love interest?" I nearly laughed at that statement.

"No, it's just my mum." I smiled.

"Anything interesting?" I shook my head.

"Not really, she was just reminding me I need to ride the bus. That's what the deal was." They all nodded in understanding.
•.°

The day began regularly, no Marin, thank you suspension. No one suspects of the relationship between Xander and I. I guess we acted like a couple before this anyways so, him walking me to class all day isn't all that weird. He even walked me to seventh period. All the way in the other side of school whilst we talked about random things that really have no point to them. But he made me laugh, I'm happy.

"I gotta go long walk back." I nodded and he hugged me goodbye and walked away.

When I walked in class and sat down I felt like I was going through withdrawal. I wanted him closer to me, I liked the way he made weird faces just to see me laugh.

"You seem rather happy today." I looked up to see Miss Shaw.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I smiled.

"So, you're joining the class today?" She quizzed.

"Yeah, it could be fun."

"Could be? I'm offended." She made a fake offended look which made me laugh.

"Wow, you really are in a good mood." I smiled.

..:::..:::..:::..

"Why can't I drive you home?" I sighed.

"My mum said I have to fulfill the deal." He made a pout that almost made me give in.

"But I'm leaving for my family trip today." He grabbed one of my hands in the empty hallway.

"I know I just, have to do this for my mum to be able to let me meet up with you guys after school." I looked down at the ground.

"I'll come see you before I leave. I'm leaving around eight at night." He pulled my face up to look at him and I nodded to show I approved of this plan.

"Bus 0914 is here 0914." The intercom buzzed.

"That's mine." He smiled before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead and allowing me to leave.

I ran to the bus ramp to find my brother and get on the bus. Once I found the familiar head of hair I walked to him. The students boarded the bus my brother and I along with them. We took a seat and the bus roared to life and began to move per usual. Once away from the school the bus picked up speed. Everyone in the bus prepared themselves for the sharp turns and heavy brakes.

Eventually the bus was nearly empty except my brother and I who are the last stop. We were nearing a red light.

"She's not slowing down." My brother whispered at me.

Just then the bus shook vigorously.

"H-hey look out!" The bus stopped abruptly and we tumbled forward.

We fell off of our seats. My body came shooting to a wall. Glass pierced my arm and cried out in pain before I fell to another wall. My brother did the same. My head hit the roof of the bus and I fell down hitting my back on the backrest of the seat making a sharp pain shoot through my entire back. I want to yell and cry but I'm in too much pain. It's going too fast. My brother is moving from place to place much like I am.