Chapter Eight: 21 Years Old

Comenzar desde el principio

He nodded his head slowly avoiding my gaze completely.

"Cool, I uh, yeah hmm, hope you both had a good night?" His voice rose slightly at the end.

"Yeah I had a great night Jim."

"I'm glad you had fun?"

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "It was just a causal hookup Jim." I watched his hands tighten around the bag slightly. "No strings attached."

His head fell. "I know it's just, you're you, you're hot, tall and stuff exactly Vs type. I don't know how to compete with that."

"Don't compete with me then Jim it's fine, go and talk to her, she loves those bagels. I really don't want anything serious."

"Okay, okay I'll see you later at that party?"

I high fived him. "Hell yeah you will!"

I quickly left feeling more awkward than ever and hopped into the massive sleek black jeep outside that contained my best friend.

"Can you stop sleeping with my sister please?"

I chucked at my best friend and strapped my seat belt on because safety first.

Especially with Ollies awful driving. He's driven toward on coming traffic three times this month.

He just gets really panicky and always wants to ring Rose... while he's driving....

Not the brightest banana in the fruit bowl if you know what I mean.

"Honestly, Roe Vonnie is my sister just can you not?"

I patted his hand condescendingly. "As soon as Rose basically moves out of our apartment sure."

He winced. "Yeah... about that."

"You're not kicking me out right?"

"No you goofball. Rose just complained about how anal you are with how tidy you keep the apartment."

"Dear god Oliver stop using the word anal."

He smirked at me, looking me dead in the eyes while wiggling his eyebrows. "Rose loves the word anal if you know what I mean."

I grimaced before turning back to look at the road. We were currently cruising along a quiet road when a little seven year old started to run across the road a few meters in front of us.

Ollie didn't notice the child and turned to look at me. "She wants you to let us be mes-."

"EYES ON THE ROAD THERES A CHILD THERE!" I screamed trying to mask my panic.

The shouting probably didn't help the whole 'panicking thing.'

"SHIT THERE IS A CHILD THERE AHH WHAT DO I DO!"

We were still traveling very quickly towards the cute little seven year old wandering across the road towards his mother who was shouting in terror.