On a less serious note, I asked myself, why are guys that surround me so hot?

I mean, just for a second, look at this guy who was staring at me right now... he could be a candidate for sexiest man alive.

Wait a minute, was he staring at me?

My eyes widened at the thought and quite obtusely covered my face with the blanket that covered my body. I gulped in jitters. Oh god! How embarrassing was that, really?

“Pervert,” I heard him comment.

I crumpled my face in humiliation. I groaned and after a long moment of silence, I managed to say, “Sorry,” in a little voice.

“Move.”

This time, all the feeling of embarrassment was washed away. With all the dignity that was left in me, I removed the blanket from my face and looked at him in question. He wanted me to—

“What?” I asked him, sitting on my butt.

“Move. I don’t sleep on the couch. Sleep there if you want.”

I looked down

I looked down the blanket that covered my thighs. Since it was his house and I was practically a free-loader in here, it was his say on every matter. I only scratched the side of my head and said, “Yeah, sure.”

I sighed.

I got off the bed, took a pillow and walked to the door. Before I could exit, though, Matthew Hawkings called me again. I turned my head ever so slightly so I was not directly facing him. I was too shy to look him in the eyes.

“Stay for a while,” said he.

I froze in my place, not knowing what to say, let alone, do. I gulped a few times before recomposing myself. I didn’t know how long I was standing there, staring at nothing. My lips were quivering so I bit the bottom one. I hugged the pillow tightly as I shakily turned around. My eyes met a different Matthew Hawkings. It was surprising, really.

If I had had the chance to see him like this before, I, sure as hell, would define him as one cute nerd. Look at him. Come on! I wasn’t the clingy type of girl but goddamn! Suddenly, he just made me want to cuddle him. He looked like a kid, covered in Popeye pajamas, big round glasses that resemble those of Harry Potter’s, his legs were crossed in front of him, his hands resting on his knees, his back against a pillow pressed on the headboard.

And—aww—he was sucking his cheeks.

“Are you just going to stare at me forever?”

Had he not spoken, I would attack him with hugs and kisses and give this little kid candies and chocolates. Damn. I just wished he would just shut up and continue looking like an innocent little kid. Who knew that Matthew Hawkings was a baby face?

Anyway, since I lacked the ability of filtering words before verbalizing them, I told him, “You are really cute.”

And it came with an ear-to-ear grin. Of course!

Internally, I was gulping down acid, hoping I could just disappear right about now.  

He frowned at me then shot me a look of disbelief before reaching his hand out to turn the lamp off. I guess it wasn’t just the lamp that was turned off. He was, too, by my absurdity.

When I realized the room was dark, I stopped breathing for a moment then continued on when he told me to turn the lights on instead. I looked for the switch and once the light was back, I slowly made my way to the bed.

Through my peripheral vision, I could make out the entire room. It was small. There was a bed, a bedside table, a cabinet in front of the bed and a study table on the far left corner. The wallpaper was a striped light and dark green combination, making the room relaxing to look at.