Appendectomy

You had been unwell for the past few days but hadn't really though much of it, you hadn't even really mentioned anything to Ed. He was usually gone in the morning when you woke up and you were in bed when he returned home. You of course spoke during the day but had neglected to mention anything, not wanting to distract him from working on the album he had been pouring his heart and sole into.

It was about 1am when you started having intense pain shoot through your lower abdomen, you laid in bed, tears streaming down your face, clutching at your stomach, trying so hard not to make a noise, the last thing you wanted to do was to wake Ed who was lying next to you, sound asleep, no doubt exhausted from weeks of 18hour days. Suddenly you felt an extreme wave of nausea take over take your body. You whined in pain as you threw your legs over the side of the bed and made your way to the en-suite attached to your room, you just made your way to the toilet before heaving out the contents of your stomach, still clutching your abdomen trying to ease your pain.

"You all right there sweetheart", you felt two hands on your waist as Ed keeled down behind you.

You just nodded your head and pushed his hands away from your body before returning your head back to the toilet bowl as another wave of nausea moved through your body. Ed held back your hair and rubbed your back, trying to sooth you. Eventually you slumped yourself against Ed's chest, wiping your mouth with some toilet paper and flushing the toilet. He helped you up to your feet and into the bathroom where you were able to rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth.

Ed picked you up and carried you back to bed before placing the back of his hand on your forehead.

"Jesus El, your burning up"

"It's just a virus or something, I'm fin.." You cried out in pain, clutching at your stomach.

"Show where it hurts babe, here?" he placed his hand gently on your lower right side of your torso. You nodded your head. Ed started stroking your forehead while he bit his bottom lip, looking down at you with so much concern in eyes. "We need to get you off to the hospital love".

Your eyes shot open, "What, no I'm all right, seriously I'm fine". You hated the hospital, in fact you were absolutely terrified of doctors, needles and anything medically related in general. Ed knew this, hence why he was treading so carefully. "It will be fine babe, I won't leave your side alright". He got up off the bed and slipped on a pair of jeans, shirt, and a sweater before helping you to do the same. You were shivering by this stage, partly because you were having cold chills but mostly because of how scared you were. "Come on darlin" Ed said calmly as he scoped you up into his arms, carried your downstairs, into the garage and placed you gently in the car before buckling you in and running back into the house to retrieve your wallet and the car keys.

You both stayed mostly silent in the car ride aside from little sobs that escaped your mouth. Ed held your hand, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles, trying to calm your nerves. Despite his best efforts to conceal the fact, you knew he was worried, if nothing else but by the speed he was driving. As you made your way into the hospital car-park and you spotted the big A&E sign you started to panic.

"Teddy, I don't want to do this" you cried out, still clutching at your stomach.

Ed simply kissed the back of your hand before exiting the car and making his way around to open your door. He unbuckled your seat-belt before kneeling down beside you clutching your hand tightly. "I won't let anything bad happen you sweetheart I promise..... have I ever broken a promise?" You looked into his eyes and realized he was right, he had never broken a promise. You took a deep breath before you let out a very quiet "okay". He helped you to your feet and you both made your way to the emergency reception, one arm wrapped around your waist with the other holding your arm as he supported your wait.