No Where To Be Found

Start from the beginning

He stood there at the driver's door and for a split second I watched as the sun poked from behind him, peaking over in jealousy just to look at the gorgeous, tall man who stood before me. His brown hair turned golden and so did his eyes. His face was no longer of importance in that moment, but his eyes were see-through and the lonesomeness of his life called out faintly, the orange sky mimicking his feeling and the clouds seemed to fly away, leaving just the open blue and the sun.

I took a breath and tightening the jacket I was smart enough to bring and the chilliness of the air hit my nose as he unlocked the car door. I slipped in and shivered away the cold.

Before he started driving he stared ahead of himself, hands gripped on the steering wheel. "Does it make you uncomfortable that I'm here?" He suddenly said, leaving me speechless.

Was I? Sure I was, but... "It's weird." Was all I said.

"I had no idea." He said quietly, looking out and up at the sky that reflected in his eyes, the orange of the sunrise causing his eyes to heat up and look warmer. I shivered again.

"I figured. How long have you been friends with them?" I asked calmly.

He looked at me finally, and his caramel eyes seemed to take me in and I didn't mind the slightest. "A while." It was just as quiet. "I'm serious, Diana, if it makes you uncomfortable I won't come by anymore."

I suddenly became confused and shook my head, "Since when do you care about making me uncomfortable?" I asked boldly, making him go quieter.

He tapped the wheel and stared ahead of himself with a very concentrated expression. "You don't have to answer that." I said in the same quietly joking tone, but of course I wanted him to answer. I wanted completely to know why on the earth he suddenly cared.

"I'm tired, so don't mind me." He grumbled lowly.

I sighed again in a hopeless way. "There you go again..." I said almost to myself.

"What?" He snapped.

"Nothing, when are you gonna start driving?"

"When ever I figure out what I want to say."

"You don't have to say anything."

"Just- Shh." He rubbed his hands over his face in an exhausted way. "I shouldn't have been drunk last night, I'm sorry."

I leaned my cheek on my hand to hold in all confusion, because I had been doing that so many times lately. "Why are you apologizing to me?"

He slid his hands off, leaning back in his chair and kind of glared an annoyed glare at me, but it was more embarrassed than anything. "You know why."

I blushed under his glare and looked away. Yes, he obviously remembered. I tried telling myself over and over that it was some weird illusion, a dream of the lonely girl who missed another man other than her father. I told myself I missed Andy, when we weren't even that close. I did miss him, though.

Somehow it disappointed me, the fact that he remembered and he regretted everything that he did the previous night. "You're sorry?"

"Yes, I'm sorry." He said, his temper seeming to shorten by the second.

The small silence between us almost gave me the ticket to go ahead out of that car and drive myself, but I had to say something. "Don't be."

He looked up from the steering wheel and looked at me in question. "Well, let's get going. Or do I have to drive myself?" I asked casually.

He recovered from confusion and sat up, grabbing a hold of the wheel and driving us there carefully. It was actually extrememly annoying at how he followed the speed limit the entire time.