That Stupid Loriel Advert

Katy opened her front door to reveal four removal men with two removal vans waiting in her driveway. She didn't have to ask how they got through her gates, she already knew.

"Good day Miss Perry, we are here to collect Mr John Mayer's belongings. May we come in?" One of the men asked politely. Katy nodded miserably and stepped to one side. Then she grabbed her bag, keys and phone, rushing out of her house and into her car. She drove away from the house as fast as she could, trying desperately to avoid the paparazzi. She decided to go straight to Angela's house, wanting the comfort her older sister always brought her. As she drove she couldn't help but think of John.

"I love you Kate, always remember that..." That's what John used to say as they gazed into each others eyes. It was supposed to be love...

"I guess I don't really know what love is," Katy said to herself. "I always get it wrong." Tears escaped from her eyes and she was grateful when Angela's house came into view. However, when she got closer she was shocked to notice her parents car parked in the driveway. Immediately Katy turned around and drove away.

"They know," a little voice inside her head whispered frantically. "They know you found Destiny. They know you brought sin back into your family. They're interrogating Angela about it right now! Don't you see? THEY KNOW," the voices screeched and became more insistent.

"Demi," Katy whispered to herself. "I need Demi. She will know how to get rid of the voices, she can fix it!" So Katy began to drive to where Demi's next concert was being held, praying that she was on her way to the right place...

It didn't take Katy very long to get to Demi's concert. In fact, the reversals were just finishing as she pulled up.

"Hey Katy," Demi called out when she realized who it was. "Come on backstage with me," she waved her over insistently. Katy obliged and rushed to meet Demi backstage. "So what's going on?"

"I just needed to get out of the house for a while," she whispered softly. "John's collecting his things today... We broke up." Demi didn't respond and just hugged Katy tightly. "I'm sorry to bother you like this Demi, I know we barley even know each other really." Katy apologized, beginning to sob. "It's just that I was going to go to Angela's but I can't because my parents are there! Voices in my head keep telling me they know about Destiny! I don't want to hear the voices, I don't want to become like Destiny. She needs me, I can't fall apart now!"

"Hey," Demi soothed gently. "It's okay, you aren't falling apart. Everyone hears voices once in a while. How could your parents know about Destiny? Nobody knows! It's okay, trust me." Demi's words began to slowly clam Katy down. Suddenly a determined look appeared on Katy's face.

"I need to get Destiny back," she said forcefully. "I just don't know how..." Demi shrugged, not really knowing what to do.

"There must be a way," she muttered. "There's always a way..." Katy felt tears prick her eyes and she shook her head.

"Not always," she whispered. "I-I couldn't find away to make my marriage work. Or my relationship with John. I wasn't good enough for either of them. I couldn't find a way to get my parents to let me keep Destiny. I can never find a way," Katy sobbed. "There is no way. Not for me..." Demi watched Katy cry and couldn't say a word. What was there to say? Everything Katy had said was true. She never found a way.

Destiny watched her younger siblings sleep peacefully in her bed. They looked so innocent.

"Stay strong little ones," she whispered as they spelt. "Never let anybody put you down. You are beautiful and you are worth it. Just like Cheryl Cole says in that stupid Loriel advert... Don't forget watching all of them with me. Don't forget teasing me about it, calling me obsessed... Don't forget anything about me, okay?" Then she scribbled some words down on five scraps of paper and shoved all her belongings into bags. Then she stood on the windowsill and looked down. "God help me..." She prayed almost silently, before she flung herself out of the window.