When Fear Becomes Reality

Blaze woke up to Candy screaming and tugging at his arm.

"What is it Candy? What's wrong?" He demanded, panic surging through his veins. She yanked him out of bed. He stumbled out of the room, trying to keep up. The twins woke up and shuffled slowly after them. Candy stopped right outside Destiny's dark room. Blaze peered in, but immediately wished he hadn't.

Destiny was lying on the floor, desperately trying to drag her drained body along the floor.

"Candy.... Candy no.... Come back.... Candy!" She whimpered as she crawled. She was coveted in her own blood, her razor lying by her side. It was completely soaked in blood. Destiny's things we still all around the room where she had trashed it, but she didn't care anymore. Blood was dripping into her eyes, clouding her vision as she tried to prevent Candy from turning her biggest fear into reality. But she was to late.

"DESTINY!" Blaze screamed, horrified. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOURSELF? HOW COULD YOU? YOU'RE SO SELFISH! RIGHT IN FRONT OF CANDY! YOU IDIOT DESTINY!"

"Blaze, what happen to Dessy?" London whispered, terrified. Ocean was already crying, along with Candy. London started too.

"She's an idiot, they's what's wrong with her! An absolute IDIOT!" Blaze yelled. Then he pulled his younger sisters downstairs. "Come on, we're getting Kevin!"

"NO BLAZE! DON'T! STOP! PLEASE DON'T! BLAZE! BLAZE!" Destiny shrieked desperately. "Please..." Then, to her horror, the world went dark.

Beep...Beep.....Beep.........Beep.......

Destiny winced at the loud beeping sound that was currently attacking her exhausted brain. She tried hard to remember what had happened.

"Candy," she thought. Then she opened her eyes. No, wait, her eyes! They wouldn't open! "What's happening to me! I can't move! HELP SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Destiny tried to scream, but no sound came out. In fact her lips didn't even move. Suddenly she heard a noise, it sounded far away.

"She's my daughter! Let me in! She needs me!" The voice cried, then Destiny heard a door slam open and someone grabbed her hand. She tried to pull away, but she couldn't. "Hey Little Kitten," the voice said.

"Katy!" Destiny realized, relief washing over her.

"Come on Destiny, wake up! I'm here now, everything's okay now..." Katy said. Destiny felt pain wash over her as she felt water drop onto her arm, Katy was crying!

"You did it again!" The voices sneered. "You made her cry AGAIN! And now look, you can't even kill yourself now! Blaze is right, you really are an idiot Destiny!" Destiny cried, but even if tears were coming out of her eye's she couldn't feel them.

"Will she ever wake up Doctor?" Katy said fearfully.

"Well all our tests show that she should. But you have to understand Miss Perry, it looked like Destiny was trying to end her life. She has to actually want to wake up," He told her.

"She does, she does! I know she does!" Katy sobbed. "I need her!"

"No, you don't," thought Destiny. "And no...I don't..."

Katy stayed by Destiny's side all day, just watching her daughter. She had called Angela a while ago and had arranged for her to come to England with Shannon, she needed their support more than ever now. They would be there soon. Angela had suggested their parents coming down too but Katy had rejected the idea, she wasn't sure how Destiny would feel about that. She wasn't even sure if she would be okay with Angela and Shannon being there, but Katy just could not be on her own anymore.

"Hey Kate," a voice said softly from behind her. Katy's head snapped up and she stated at Destiny. "Kate?" The voice said again. Katy let her head sink back down onto Destiny's bed again.

"I thought..." She whispered.

"You thought I was Destiny," the voice whispered. "Oh Katy I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry Angela, its not your fault..." Katy murmured. Angela and Shannon went to Katy's side.

"Is this her?" Shannon asked, Katy nodded. "She's beautiful Kate..." Katy nodded again, not daring to say a word.

"Does she still have your eyes? She did when she was a baby," Angela asked.

"Aww," Shannon said smiling at Katy.

"She does," Katy nodded. "Or....she did..." Sobs exploded painfully out of Katy's lips. Angela and Shannon pulled Katy's limp body into their arms.

"She's still here Katy, she hadn't gone anywhere." Angela soothed.

"But she h-h-has! I need her Angela. I need to so much! I spent fifteen years looking all over America for her and I never even got the chance to tell her!" Katy sobbed, gasping for breath. "I never got the chance to tell her that I never gave her up! I never got the chance to tell her that I love her, that I've loved her for her whole life! She's choosing not to wake up because she hates her life! If I'd only tried harder to keep her she could be alright now! She'd call me Mum and most important of all she'd be awake right now instead of in a coma! Don't you see? This is all my FAULT!" Katy cried her heart out, clutching Destiny's pale hand. "I love you Destiny, pinkie promise."