Hurts, Doesn't It?

"Katy? Katy! Katy!" Destiny screamed out in her sleep. Katy looked up from her laptop from where she was sitting on Destiny's bed and sighed. Destiny had been doing that for at least an hour now, which disrupted her from her work.

"Shhh Sweetie, I'm right here. Calm down," Katy soothed. Destiny immediately stopped crying out and seemed to calm down. A small smile played on Katy's lipstick-coated lips. She would never get bored with Destiny calling for her instead of for her 'Mum'. She adored being able to calm her down to. It made her feel like a real Mum.

"K-k-katy?" Destiny sobbed suddenly. Katy got up with a sigh and went to Destiny's side. Then she wrapped her arms around her daughter and help her close.

"Calm down Honey, I'm right here. Shhh," Katy soothed softly. For a second Destiny relaxed, but then she shot up like she had been shot.

"KATY!" She yelled. Katy jumped and quickly grabbed hold of Destiny incase she tried to run, which she seemed to try and do when ever she was panicked.

"Whoa, Honey calm down! Everything's okay," she said. Destiny nodded as she sobbed. She was looking straight infront of her, refusing to look at Katy. She wouldn't relax into Katy's arms either. "Everything okay Baby?" Katy asked. She had noticed that Destiny wouldn't relax around her. She hadn't asked before since most of the time Destiny had been either asleep or nearly asleep.

"No," Destiny whispered tearfully. "I-I mean yes, I-I'm fine." She corrected herself quickly.

"Oh yeah, real smooth Sweetie!" Katy smirked. But the smirk only lasted a second before she was serious again. "Come on, talk to me Destiny. I'm here for you, you know." Destiny shook her head.

"No, no I don't need anyone!" She said sharply. Katy was taken aback.

"What?" She said, a little shocked. "Yes you do, you know you do! And that's okay too."

"Like you'd know anything about it," Destiny growled. "Now get your stupid stuff of my bed, I want to read!" Katy blinked in surprise, but moved her laptop off Destiny's bed. She felt extremely hurt. She'd been there for Destiny, she'd helped Destiny. Yet Destiny didn't seem to care at all. Katy felt her blood begin to boil.

"No, you know what you do need help! Okay, just admit it! You need someone!" Katy snapped.

"Shut UP!" Destiny yelled. "I don't need anyone, especially not you!"

"Mhm that's why you keep calling for me in your sleep?" Katy pointed out.

"I did NOT!" Destiny roared. "Anyway if I ever decide I need anyone it definitely won't be you, it'll be my real Mum!" Katy winced and tears began to stream down her face. "K-katy?" Destiny asked nervously, but Katy just turned away. "Kate? Katy? Are you...are you okay?"

"Yes, now go away!" Katy growled, logging onto her laptop with her back to Destiny.

"I was just trying to help," Destiny grumbled.

"Yeah, not nice is it? To be yelled at when you're 'only trying to help'. Hurts, doesn't it?" Katy said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Destiny shook her head at Katy before getting to her feet. She quickly sprinted to the bathroom. Katy realized what she was doing and began run after her. "Wait! Destiny! Just wait!" She yelled, suddenly her foot caught onto the edge of the bed.

The next thing Katy knew she was flying through the air and speeding towards the rock hard floor. A scream flew from her lips just before she smacked into the ground.

"Katy?" Destiny said fearfully. "KATY!"