From LAX To Gatwick

Hi, I just wanted to quickly say thank you all for reading my story. You're all amazing and I love you all. Also thank you to @brokxnwings for making the cover for me, I owe you!!! :D

*** *** *** ***

"Katy Perry was spotted leaving LAX airport earlier today. There was no news of her leaving the country and no mention of it on Twitter, which is unusual for the Twitter Queen. She was also spotted leaving Gatwick airport in England just a few minutes ago. The pop star was clearly in a rush to get to her destination and did not stop for anybody. We'll have more news after the weather."

Destiny rolled her eyes and switched to a different channel. The TV at the hospital didn't have many channels, but still, she had no interest in other people's lives. Especially right now as her own had become so....illuminating. Of course she did like Katy Perry, who didn't? Katy Perry was a good singer after all, Destiny just wasn't the fan-girl type. In the end, Destiny decided to settle on the music channel. Skyscraper by Demi Lovato came on. Candy lifted her head and glued her eyes to the screen. Destiny laugh, knowing how much her younger sister idolized the singer. Skyscraper was also Candy's favourite song ever, that and Let It Go - both of which were by Demi Lovato.

The song finished, as it had already been halfway through when Destiny had put it on, and Candy went back to staring at the floor. Candy hadn't spoken a single word since the fire. That fact scared the living daylights out of Destiny. She adored Candy and they were inseparable. Destiny did love all her siblings, but Candy was like her best friend too! Even if she was only four.

"Destiny?" Destiny was pulled back to reality by Inspector Truso. "Your siblings will be leaving soon... They can't stay here forever."

"But you promised they could stay with me until my Mum comes!" Destiny complained, spitting out the word 'mum'. The Inspector nodded quickly.

"We're hoping your Mother will arrive before they have to leave," he told her. Destiny nodded and went back to watching her sister.

"Hey Candy-girl," she said softly. Candy didn't acknowledge that anyone was there. "Do you want to play a game? Or....shall I read to you?" Destiny asked hopefully. Candy still didn't react. "I can... Well, I guess I can sing to you... If you really want me to." Destiny whispered. She was very shy and only ever sang for Candy. She would never normally have offered to sing with so many strangers around, but she was getting desperate. Candy was looking up at her now, her eyes full of emotion. Destiny sighed. "Alright, here goes..." She took a deep breath, and began to sing.

"Skies are crying,

I am watching,

Catching tear drops in my hands,

Only silence,

As it's ending,

Like we never had a chance,

Do you have to,

Make me feel like,

There's nothing left of me?

You can take everything I have,

You can break everything I am,

Like I'm made of glass,

Like I'm made of paper,

Go on and try to tear me down,

I will be rising from the ground,

Like a skyscraper,

Like a skyscraper.

As the smoke clears,

I awaken,

And untangle you from me,

Would it make you,

Feel better,

To watch me while I bleed,

All my windows,

Still are broken,

But I'm standing on my feet.

You can take everything I have,

You can break everything I am,

Like I'm made of glass,

Like I'm made of paper,

Go on and try to tear me down,

I will be rising from the ground,

Like a skyscraper,

Like a skyscraper.

Go run,

Run,

Run,

I'm gonna stay right here,

Watch you disappear,

Yeah,

Oh,

Go run,

Run,

Run,

Yeah it's a long way down,

But I'm closer to the clouds up here.

You can take everything I have,

You can break everything I am,

Like I'm made of glass,

Like I'm made of paper

Oh oh,

Go on and try to tear me down,

I will be rising from the ground,

Like a skyscraper,

Like a skyscraper.

Like a skyscraper,

Like a skyscraper...."

Destiny finished singing and looked at Candy, who was now smiling, but kept glancing behind Destiny nervously.

"Wow... That was really something special, little kitten." A rather familiar voice, coming from behind Destiny, said.