2.4

taehyung's focus [first person]

i sighed, tears almost clouding my vision. i stood up from my seat, looked at jin and gave him a bow. i took my jacket that was hanging on the chair, and left the cafe. as i was walking back to the dorm from the cafe, i took out my phone and messaged jungkook.

taehyung:

Guess you didn't show up after all..

You could've messaged me- instead I looked like an idiot in the cafe.

Or maybe I'm still a joke to you, huh?

I mean I'm always a joke to people.

I always get left behind by the people who I really care about. 8:17pm

i turned my phone off, and slipped it back in my pocket. i decided to turn back and walked to jaebum's apartment. i knew that i was falling for jungkook- and i have to stop this feeling in me. i'll only end up getting hurt eventually.

i knocked on jaebum's apartment, revealing a wild jaebum brushing his teeth.

"aye, whats up, tae?" he said.

"nothing much, i just needa take my mind off things.." i said while scratching the back of my neck.

"well, come on in! sorry if its a lil' messy. didn't expect any visitors tonight." he said with a shrug, walking back to the bathroom.

i removed my jacket and hung it on the coat rack at the side of the door. i walked to the sofa and plopped myself down. aggravated, i cursed out loud. "fuck,"

jaebum sat next to me, "okay whats wrong this time?"

i told him what happened tonight- mostly me ranting about getting hurt again and falling in love. "worst thing is that.. i haven't even met him!" i sighed.

"i haven't even met him, and i feel like i know him so well. i feel like i've touched his skin before, kissed his lips.. hell, i don't even know how he looks like!" i took the cushion and put my face on it. "fuck me!" i yelled out, muffled by the cushion that's blocking my voice.

"well, did he text you?" jaebum asked, handing me a cup of water.

i gulped the water down instantly "not that i know of, my phone has been off ever since i got here."

"well, idiot. turn it on." jaebum sighed.

"i'm pretty sure he hasn't replied. i've been texting him ever since i got to the cafe! no replies at all! zero!" i exclaimed.

"okay buddy, take a chill pill. maybe he has a reason. maybe his phone died?" jaebum shrugged his shoulders.

"why're on his side, jaebum hyung? i'm the one who's hurt here!" i said, locking my arms together.

"i'm not on anyone's side, tae. what i'm saying is that you don't know his side of the story. hear him out before going on to conclusions." jaebum sighed, smiling warmly at me, making me feel a little better about the situation.

"you're probably right... i was just way too sensitive about this. i just don't want to get hurt again, you know..." i sighed, a tear slipping down my eye.

"you'll be fine, trust me. and you know where i stay, i'll be here for you, tae." jaebum gave me a smile.

i'm lying down on my bed. 11:47pm. i decided to turn on my phone and had 108 notifications, and all from jungkook. he called me 56 times, and texted me the rest. it all mainly said his sorry and that it was his fault. he should've woken up on time, and should've charged his phone. jaebum was right, i should'nt have jumped to conclusions. one text struck me the most.

jungkook:

i won't ever hurt you, taehyung

i just want to meet you and be with you

and you're not a joke to me

you're so fucking special you have no idea

you just

make me so confused

i don't know what i'm feeling but

i feel something for you, tae

i really do

i don't know if u feel the same

but i don't care

i just want to make you happy, hyung