1.1

taehyung's focus [first person]

its been 4 months. 4 months since jungkook and i last messaged. he's still lingering in my mind, and i don't know why. i still have his video in my phone, and i listen to it every day. his beautiful voice is always stuck in my head, and its contagious. i even shared it to yoongi.

yoongi and i were finally moving to our second year in university. most of our classmates were younger, since yoongi and i decided to take a hiatus after graduating from high school.  it was alright, our classmates were great. most of them are talented, and they take talented to a whole new level. 

right now, yoongi and i were just lying down on bed in our dorms, waiting for our holidays to end. it's been 3 months since our holidays started, and i honestly can't wait to start school again. sure, it may be stressful, but if you're doing something that you love, it would all be worth it. 

these past 3 months, i've moved on from the tragedy of my mother. i visit her at least twice a month, and i tell her about things like whats going on in my life, how's yoongi, and my passion for singing. i knew if she's alive, she'd be so proud of me, chasing my dream. even though she didn't support me at first, i knew deep down she supported me all the way.

which mother wouldn't support their son in chasing their dream and the passion burning inside of them?

i looked to my left, and i saw yoongi sleeping on his bed. he was snoring lightly, and i chuckled. yoongi would always snore when he's tired. he spent his whole night composing a new song, and its not even for school. yoongi is such a talented composer and rapper, he deserves to go miles in the music industry. 

i grabbed my phone that was sitting on the sidetable and unlocked it, only to be greeted by jungkook's angelic voice. i definitely do miss talking to him, a lot. i told myself i shouldn't get too attached but i guess i got carried away. this video is the only thing i have to remember him by, and i didn't even get a selca from him. i wonder how'd he look like. my thoughts were engulfed by the thoughts of jungkook. i sighed, i definitely miss him.

a lot.

i wondered which university he got into. i'm pretty sure he graduated. i have so much faith that he did, and i'm proud of him if he ever graduated. i remember him telling me he wants to enter k-arts. i chuckled lightly. that'd be funny, if we can run into each other in the campus. 

k-arts, is a beautiful university, rich in visuals and talents. in where sometimes you can stop and reflect if you actually belong in this university. sometimes i question myself how i even got in here.

but i'm pretty sure he would've changed his mind. when i was in senior year, i told myself i wanted to go to konkuk university, and i even told my parents thats my dream university. i smiled at the thought of the younger version of me. my mother was so happy that day when i told her i wanted to become a lawyer. oops, sorry mom.

i scrolled and re-read my messages with jungkook. although i've blocked his number, that doesn't stop me from re-reading our messages every single day. jungkook is weird, adorably weird. he has this sense of humour that i really like. 

i can't believe i just ended our friendship right there. although we never really met, or even talked on the phone, i just felt so attached to him. it's a friendship i never expected that would form.

i mean who the heck messages someone out of the blue?

wherever jungkook is, i really hope he's somewhere that he loves. 

i really hope he still pursues music. i mean, with a voice like that, he'd definitely go far. 

i checked the time, and it was 8:52pm. i sighed as i heard my stomach grumbling. i decided to wake yoongi up. he groaned a little, which earned a chuckle from me. "yoongi hyung, wanna go grab something to eat? its 9 in the evening." i told him, scratching the back of my head.

"ah, yeah sure. let me clean up," he said, standing up and dragged his body to the bathroom.

"no, i want the happy meal, hyung!!" i whined at yoongi, who told me not to buy the happy meal. i huffed, and crossed my arms. "i really want it though.." i muttered.

yoongi laughed at me, "okay fine. but you're gonna say it to the counter, i don't want to be embarrassed." he said with a smile.

"yay!! you're paying, right?" i showed him my rectangular smile, in which i know he can not resist.

"how can i not?" he gave me a smirk.

"oh my god, did you see her face when you ordered the happy meal?" yoongi laughed at me while dipping his french fries in ketchup. 

"i know, i couldn't believe she asked me if i had a child," i laughed as i tried to hold my stomach. it was hilarious. the cashier's eyes widen when i told her i had a child. but hey, at least i got my happy meal. 

i opened the wrapper and there stands a pikachu. i turned her tail multiple times and set it on the table, and it can walk! "oh my god, this is so GOOD!" i gleamed in delight. yoongi just laughed at me while shaking his head.

yoongi and i were taking a walk in the park. "so.. how are things going with jungkook?" yoongi asked me carefully.

i opened up about the situation to yoongi, and i thanked god that he understood me. i thought he would look at me like i'm a weird person, being attached with someone whom i met by imessage. 

"i don't know.." i sighed, putting my hands inside my pockets.

"do you ever think, he's thinking of you too?" yoongi asked me, looking up at the moon that's shining brightly. "i mean its a beautiful night, and the moon is shining so bright. its the perfect time to think about someone." yoongi added which caused me to miss jungkook even more.

"i honestly wish he is.. but maybe, he already forgotten about me." i sighed as we continued to walk around the park.

"hey, look on the bright side! school starts tomorrow! second year, man! maybe that way you'll forget bout him too and find someone!" yoongi wiggled his eyebrows at me.

i laughed at him and lightly punched him in the arm. i'll never forget you, jungkook.