1.4

jungkook's focus [first person]

i woke up earlier than jimin. i could hear him snoring loudly. i chuckled as i got out of my bed. i'm a morning person. i love to see the sunrise and the beautiful hue of purple, blue, and orange mixed in the sky. it just makes everything feel at ease. like there's nothing wrong with the world. today was our first day at k-arts and i was over the moon. 

i remembered that jimin and i moved into the dorm last night. i decided to unpack my stuff as it was only 5 in the morning. i opened the wardrobe that jimin and i are going to share and filled half of the side with my clothes. i sighed, knowing that i need more space. i decided to just put the rest inside my luggage, grabbed my towel and toothbrush and went to the bathroom.

nothing beats a good warm shower. it makes me feel so much better. the hot water touching my smooth skin, closing my eyes and letting the warm water hit my face. i decided to hum "see you again" by charlie puth and wiz khalifa. sometimes i don't even notice that i'm singing. i guess it just happens naturally.

"its been a long day without you my friend," i started. "and i'll tell you all about it when i see you again. we've come a long way, from where we began. oh i'll tell you all about it when i see you again, when i see you again."  i sung, and particular person crossed and lingered into my mind.

taehyung.

he is such a liar. 

he told me he'll be there for me. he even promised. well, i guess promises are really meant to be broken after all. i know i should be angry at him but i just can't feel that way towards him. all he has ever given me was care and to feel angry just makes me feel bad about myself.

did he really care for me, though?

or was i just a game, or someone to talk to just to get by the day?

i heaved a sigh and shook my head. i should stop thinking about him by now. its been 4 months, jungkook. move the fuck on. 

i got out of the shower and brushed my teeth. i left the bathroom, with only my towel on. i heard jimin, still snoring and i managed to let out a small laugh. jimin, what will i do without my best friend? i thought to myself as i decided to pick an outfit for the first day of school.

i decided to go with a plain white tee, my black ripped jeans and my one and only timberland boots. i took out my phone from my pocket to check the time and to my surprise i saw someone messaged me.

taehyung:

hi kookie

i stood rooted to the ground for approximately a minute to let this all sink in. what if this wasn't taehyung? what if it was his friends? what if he was just dared to do so? what if he accidentally sent this to me as a joke?

i didn't want to be a joke.

i sighed. this was too much to take in early in the morning. i ignored the message and locked my phone. a part of me wants to reply it now and tell taehyung how much i missed him and how much i've been thinking about him. never once did he leave my mind in the past 4 months. all his selfies were still saved in my phone and when i felt like no one understood me, except jimin, i always look at his pictures as a way of telling myself someone out there cares for me.

jimin and i were eating breakfast at this cafe near our campus. we had to eat a lot since the first day is usually the freshie orientation. orientation, a day where we make friends. i was nervous if i was to be honest. ever since high school, i didn't know how to make friends. usually, i just hang around with jimin and his friends will be my group of friends as well.