Chapter Eighteen

Jakes Point Of View

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the lovely door.

"Hey honey." My mom answers. I follow the sound of her voice and come into the kitchen.
"Did you have fun?" I nod as I see my dad walk into the room.

"So son, Jacksons University sent the information about your roommate. She seems-"

"She?"

"Yeah, she. Is that a problem?"

"Yeah dad, I have a girlfriend." I say in a duh tone of voice but he looks at me confused.

"You never told me about a girlfriend!"

"Yeah dad, I did."

He thinks for a minute but shakes his head.

"Oh well! Anyway........ she is a-"

"I'm tired I'm going to bed." I say not wanting to say anything else.

"But son......"

"No dad!" I snap at him while caused my parents gazes to go on me. "I have a wonderful girlfriend and I am not leaving her!"

"Jake, you have too! You can't stop the tradition, my father went, I went and now you have to go!"

"No! It's not what I want!"

"Well we don't always get what we want!"

"I'm not living to England!"

"Son, you make a lot of money as a lawyer, and I need that to pay for my medical bills."

Of course.
He found a way to make it about him.
I get it, he has cancer!
But a butt load of money is not going to help, it's not curable!
Well someof it is, but I can't do anything about it!

"You don't want me dying on your hands do you?"
I turn to give him a shocked expression.
He pulled the cancer card.

And he was starting to make me fell guilty, but Charlie......... I can't leave her, she needs me as much as I need her.

I scowl as I turn around and go up to my room.

I don't even want to go to school tomorrow, I will have to face Charlie.
I don't want to admit it but at times, she can be scary.

"Hey Andy." I say as I meet him at his locker.

"Hey, you fix things with Charlie yet?"

"No." I mutter as I look around for her. "Is she here yet?"
Andy turns to look but then Rainer comes up beside us.

"Guys!" She yells as she bends down and starts panting. "Charlie. She-"

Rainer was immediately cut of by the bang of the metal doors that reveled an angry Charlie.

"What the-"
"Heck." I finished Andy's sentence as we stare at Charlie.

She had on a dress that was just below her butt and 4 inch heels with a black clutch purse.
But she was missing one thing.
Her skateboard.

Charlie.
What are you doing?
Everyone in the hallway watches her, but she does something that we didn't expect.

"Hey boo!"

"Hey girl!"

Charlie and Angel were walking side by side with their arms clutched together.
They were wearing matching outfits, the only thing that was different was that Charlie's dress was red, while Angels was black.

"What is she doing?" Andy asks as Rainer stands there with her arms crossed.

"That jerk stole my best friend!" She whined as she stomps her foot on the ground.