Chapter Eight

Charlie's Point Of View

We walked into this big building hand and hand, and I could tell that Jake was thinking about something.

When we walked in everyone was starring at us, I looked around and I noticed that it was restaurant and a bar mixed into one.

I am surprised that Jake could even get us into a bar, I mean come on, I'm 17 and Jake is.......... wait how old is he?

I turn to Jake and ask him, in front of all of these people still staring at us.

He looks at me confused and then answers "18."

I nod and finally decide to speak up to the people that seem to not understand that staring is rude.

"You know, your staring and I have a hand that really wants to punch something or in other words 'someone', so its either look somewhere else or some of you won't be able to have kids." I say as calmly as I can while I lift my left arm up so they can all see I wasn't kidding.

I made sure to not lift up my right hand because it was still hurting from my fall at Jake's house.

They looked shocked but then quickly turned around and I smiled to myself full of satisfaction.

Jake chuckled as I still held his hand, I don't know why, but It felt really good to have his warm hand touching mine.

"Well, well, well.......I see you finally brought yourself a girl back at the restaurant." Said a voice form the side of us.
I jerk my head around to see someone who looked exactly like Jake but a little older.
He had the black hair, the piercing blue eyes, but he wasn't as cute as Jake.
"What the-?" I mumble to myself as I look from Jake to his look alike multiple times before the look alike steps in front of us.

"Charlotte, this is my older brother Anthony."
Jake introduces him as he wraps his arms around me protectively.
I smirk as I hear him calling me by my real name.

"Well hello Charlotte. You have caused quite a scene at my bar."

I look at him wide eyed as I nudged Jake.
"You didn't tell me your brother owned the bar!"
"You didn't ask." He says with a smirk on his face as his brother rolls his eyes.
"You guys are welcome to take a seat and chat but I have to get back to work." He says as he winks and walks away.

"Don't worry." I reassure him. "Your my date. Not your brother." I say as I give him a kiss on the cheek and motion for us to sit down.
I noticed him blushing but I didn't want to ruin his ego so I didn't say anything.

"So-" I say slightly feeling awkward as I start biting my lip.
"Don't do that."
I turn to look at Jake and tilt my head to the side full of confusion.
"Do what?"
"Bite your lip."
I blush and try to cover it with my hair.
"Don't do that either. Don't hide yourself from me and I won't do the same to you....... you look cute when you blush anyway." He says as he looks up at me and meets my eyes.

"I want to know more about you." He said as he pulls up a chair closer to me.
"What do you want to know?"
"Everything." He says as he puts his full attention on me.

"Okay well." I begin while bitting my lip but then stop remembering what Jake told me.

"I am 17 years old, I am short for my age, I am 5'5, My favorite color is red. My brothers name was Samuel and my mother died a few years after I was born."
I had stopped at that because I knew I had just ruined the moment by bringing up my family.

"I'm sorry I k-"
"No,no,no!" He said quickly. "Continue."

And so I did.