10

Chris pov

Waking up, I roll over and feel an empty bed. Sitting up, I stretch and look and see a note in Trey's pillow.

Picking it up...in read it

Dear Chris,
               I'm sorry for my actions. Ik what I did was beyond wrong and I can't go back to undo it. I just hope you forgive me. I'm begging because ik I hurt you.

Balling up the paper, I throw it on the floor

Chris:wack ass apology....I swear people make me sick.

Hearing my phone vibrate, I pick it up and see a message from Aubrey..

Text convo

Aubrey:Hey. Ik your free today so I was thinking lunch at the Vineyard Cafe. Be there for 12.

Chris:gotcha

End convo

So before yall be like WTF!!!.....Aubrey and I had a long ass talk about our fuckups.  He apologized and so did i. He even gave me back all the money he stole from me and I guess you can say, we cool now.

Getting out the bed, I walk out my room to hear a quiet house. Checking the kids room, I seen nobody. Going into the guest room,  I peaked in and seen the kids sleep on the bed beside Trey. I'm not gonna lie...I cracked a smile because I will never deny him being a great father..it's just him being a great partner.

*1 hour later

I'm on my way to have lunch with Aubrey when when I decide to stop by Bryson because his house was on the way...plus I had time.

Pulling up, I see him sitting on his steps. Getting out, I walk up to him.

Chris: wassup

Bryson: heyy

Chris: what's wrong?

Bryson : well, I don't know how to....idk Chris.

Chris; Bryson!

Bryson: man...have you ever loved somebody but when they're hurting...you don't know how to comfort them or say anything to make them feel better.

Chris: yeah

Bryson :well, today is Jacob's mom birthday and he woke up this morning just..crying and he was out of it because he couldn't talk to her physically you know. I couldn't relate because my mom is still alive you know....idk how to comfort him.

Chris: well...August you to be like that when I was with him and when days came up like this, I'll take him to the cemetery and I'll stay in the car...I'll let him talk to his parents however long he needed and when he got back in...I'll held him tight...that showed him that even though I wasn't going through the same thing,  I knew how to understand his situation.

Bryson:really

Chris:yep.....so Imma let you do that....and Imma text you later cause you,Ty and I have to have dinner tonight. I got the tea, kool-aid, and lemonade for yall

Bryson:Bet

Getting in my car, I drive to the café. I looked at my phone to see no missed calls or text from Trey. Ik he was cheating on me but I didn't want to believe it. And then when I found out he was cheating,  I wish he wasn't cheating.  I don't know why I care cause it seems like he doesn't .

Getting out my car, i walk to the back to see Aubrey sitting down. Walking over, he hugged me and we sat down.

Chris: hey