Chapter 35: The Finale

Start from the beginning

He was actually right. There was a more than likely chance that she wouldn't take me back, but if she did, I'd be surprised and grateful all at once.

"I have to apologize. I have to talk to her," I said, getting up to leave.

"Vincent wait," I vaguely heard Rodney call after me.

The only thing running through my mind is apologizing to the woman I love.

"Vincent, why are you in such a rush," Melanie asked curiously as I rushed past her.

"I can't talk right now, Mel," I said, running out of the Palace's doors and past the guards.

I drove as fast as I could to St. Mary's hospital, knowing that Folashadé would be there with my children. Why was I so stupid? Why!?

"You're a fucking idiot, Vincent! A stupid fucking idiot," I scolded myself as I approached a stop light.

"What if she doesn't want you back? She's already given you too many chances," I said to myself. I was so anxious, I was tempted to pull my hair out of my scalp.

If she took me back, I'd be the happiest man in history. I know I've put her through so much shit, but she's done the same for me. That's what love is about for some people. If they could overcome all the obstacles in their relationship like Folashadé and I did, then those two could overcome anything.

I parked my car into the hospital's parking lot, hastily hopping out of it. I even almost forgot to lock the damn car.

I ran into the hospital, heading straight for the pediatric ward.

"Whoa, whoa, You're Highness," the receptionist hurriedly called, stopping me in my tracks. Sheesh, was I really that excited to see Folashadé?

"Yes," I responded, turning around and walking back to the receptionist's desk. The woman was a round, short lady with an innocent face.

"Are you here to see Ms. Hakim," she inquired, slightly knitting her eyebrows.

"Yes, I am," I said, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

Her eyes suddenly widened. "You're a bit late, Sir. She, the babies, and her brother just left. Ms. Fields told me they're flying back to the states," she informed sorrowfully.

"W-w-what? B-back to the states," I asked, swallowing a lump in my throat. "How long ago did they leave," I asked anxiously.

"About two hours ago," she replied.

"Oh my God," I said to myself as I hurried outside to the parking lot.

She can't. She can't do this to me, can she? She can't leave me here alone, without her or our children! She can't do this! She can't fucking do this to me!

I drove as fast as my car could go without going too far over the speed limit, I broke three red lights, and I nearly got into two car accidents. I was determined to get my family back! I was determined to apologize to Folashadé, Ezra, and even the twins for doubting them in the first place.

I drove to the entrance car loop of the airport. I parked my car there, even though I know it'll either get towed or I receive a ticket. If I could make it to my family in time, then it'll be all worth it!

I looked at the airport's timetable, my eyes vigorously scanning the board as I tried to find the plane flying from London to New York. Eventually, I did find it.

'British Airways Flight 1: London, England to New York, U.S. Boarding: 9:15 A.M. Gate: B10.'

I looked at my watch, noticing that it was 9:25.