Chapter 17: Royal Announcement

Shadé

I woke up early this morning feeling a little uneasy. It's not the queasy, uneasy feeling I get every morning carrying my twins, it's a worried, uneasy feeling; as if something is going to happen today.

Since I woke up half an hour earlier than the other servants, I decided to take a shower. When I'm naked, I can clearly see how much this pregnancy has changed me. It wasn't a major difference, but it does look like I'm carrying a little sandbag in my stomach. Fortunately, I'm not. I'm carrying the two most important little people in my life.

I never truly realized how amazing soap lathers against my skin, or how smooth and soothing it really is. My breasts were beginning to feel extremely sore lately. I felt like I deserved this shower, it was relaxing. Perhaps, not as relaxing as a bubble bath, but nearly there.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. When I came into the lavatories area of the bathroom, I was surprised to see Tiffany. Of all the maids and servants in this castle, why did she have to be the one that I see in here!?

I walked past her and to my own sink. I wanted to try my best to avoid this girl, but with us working in the same castle, it was pretty hard to do so.

As I was washing my hands, I could feel Tiffany's penetrating gaze burning into the back of my head. I slightly turned my head in her direction, and indeed, she was looking directly at me. She was giving me an annoyed look, as if me washing my hands was an issue.

I turned off the sink and turned to face her directly, holding onto my towel so it wouldn't fall. "Hello," I asked. "Is there a reason why you're staring at me so hard," I continued with little to no attitude. I always learned that if you really want to get under someone's skin, speak to them calmly; make it seem like they're the crazy ones.

"Because I can! Who the hell are you to tell me to look at someone or not," she said snappishly.

I could see in her beet reddened face that she was getting agitated with my presence. If my presence could annoy her this much, imagine what my words would do to her.

"Since I'm that someone that you're looking at, I suggest you not to look at me, unless, that is, you like what you see," I retorted monotonously.

She made a quick move to step in front of me, but I knew better than to have someone step up to me. I immediately stuck my palm out before her. She yanked my hand from in front of her and glowered.

"Don't put your hand in front of me like I'm some damn dog," she spat furiously.

"I don't think you should be touching me like that, considering that I did beat your ass the last time we fought," I retorted as I tightened my towel around my body. Honestly, I have to get out of here before she has the urge to try and hit me again. I really don't want to fight, but if my mouth continues its smart remarks, there may have to be a round two.

"I can do whatever I want. Don't think you're big and bad because you're having his baby," she said venomously.

I snapped my gaze back in her direction, sending a menacing glare into her eyes.

But, then it clicked.

Tiffany never told anyone about my pregnancy, with the exception of Gina. Why didn't she? I mean, she can get me out of the castle simply by telling King Mathias who the babies' father is. There might have to be some proof, but still. The thought of her not telling anyone besides Gina appalled me. If she really hated me, she'd do it.

Yet, she didn't.

I don't trust Tiffany whatsoever, but the fact that she didn't do everything in her willpower to get me out of this castle was...confusing?