Chapter 9: D-anger as well as Favors

Shadé

My eyes jumped from the petite, tall blonde woman to the dark haired older man, and landed on the cold-hearted devil's spawn, called their son.

That evil bastard lied in my face. He told me that he loved me; that he wanted me to birth his children into this world. That damn liar! I had to refrain myself with as much self-control as I could, otherwise, I would've been flying over this damn desk and beating him senseless with that gold lamp.

"What's your name," Mathias began sternly, pulling me out of my angered muse.

"Folashadé Hakim, Sire," I answered in a quiet shaky voice. It felt like both my anger and sorrow were about to explode just by me saying my own name, hell, speaking at all pissed me off.

A small tear escaped through my right eye, but, I quickly wiped it away. I had to appear emotionally stable, even though it contradicted that incident outside these office doors.

He folds his large hands and leans them on top of the smooth wooden desk, watching my every move with great intensity. I felt that if I just as much as blink, I'd be accused of disrespecting him.

"So, Folashaé," he continues. I refrain from sighing with irritation of him pronouncing my name wrong. That always pissed me off. "Would you care to tell us why you've disrupted the Royal family's meeting," he asks. It almost sounds like a trick question; if I said something that he wasn't expecting, I'd be automatically wrong. I'll just stick to a lie or half a lie.

"It's Folashadé, Sire," I inaudibly correct him, avoiding his eyes. "As for the turmoil I've caused out there, I sincerely apologize, but...," I trail off, slowly rubbing my stomach in small circles. Vincent and Miranda catch on to it and give me slightly shocked looks. "I think it's just my hormones. When you're pregnant, it happens sometimes," I finish stealing a quick glance in Vincent's direction.

His expression, in a way, pisses me off simply because the bastard is... smirking! The ungrateful asshole is smirking! What the hell is he smirking about!?

"Oh, my darling, you're expecting? How far along are you," Queen Miranda asked bewilderedly.

I snapped my head in her direction and furrowed my brows. I didn't actually know how far along I was. I never had the time to take a trip to the hospital and find out. I only get one day off per week, and usually I like to spend those days cooped up in my bedroom, not taking a doctor's trip every time I get a day off. But, I guess that's what I'll have to do for the next few months.

"I'm not sure, Your Majesty. I haven't had the time to go to the hospital," I answer, averting my eyes to the lamp. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it.

"So, you're definitely pregnant," King Mathias' voice asks.

I nodded my head vigorously. "Yes, Sire, I've taken three pregnancy tests, and they've all came out positive."

He nods in understanding. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought he cringed while I told him that.

"When did you find out," Vincent asked smugly. I turn to look at him with a blank expression. He's sprawled comfortably on a cream colored love seat, eyeing me with the most agitating smirk I've ever seen him pull.

"Over a month ago," I answer flatly before turning around. But, before I can manage to turn my head completely to Mr. and Mrs. Alexander, Vincent finally asks the question that I've been waiting for.

"Who's the father," he asks nonchalantly. I know he's faking it, and I know that he's silently praying that I say 'you are'. But, I'm not stupid. He must have forgotten that we're in front of his parents, the King and Queen. Dumbass.