Chapter 11: End of a Friendship

Shadé

"Frank...Frank, wake up," I whispered. I shook Frank's shoulder while holding a glass of water in the other.

He was out cold on one of the Servant's Quarters crimson colored sofas. His red bruises from Vincent's tight grasp on his neck were still quite visible. I'd never seen Vincent become so...violent. He was always the calm, collective type who was smooth with words. But the way I'd seen him holding Frank by his throat off the ground, he looked like...a monster. So cold, dangerous, and full of hatred.

I couldn't be around Vincent if he was going to act that way. And I definitely wasn't going to be around him if he was going to continue his engagement. I understand that my baby will need their dad, but I just couldn't see myself possibly having a future with him if his was already set with another woman.

Suddenly Frank's head began to slowly shake. He was beginning to come to. I quickly handed him the glass of water.

"Shadé? What happened," he asked lethargically. He took the glass, slowly sitting up straight. "Owe, owe, owe," he laid back down setting the glass on the coffee table and rubbing his forehead. I assumed he was having a migraine headache. I immediately pulled out two aspirins.

"Here," I said quietly, handing them to him.

Apathetically, he took them, but then just laid there with the aspirins in his hand.

"Frank, you have to take the-" I began, but he cut me off.

"I know, I know. Just give me a minute," he said sluggishly slow.

I felt so much guilt flowing through my conscience. It's all my fault! It's my fault that Vincent went after Frank. If I wouldn't have lied to Vincent and say that Frank was the father, Frank wouldn't have been in this state. Oh God, I feel sick.

Literally.

I quickly rush for the nearby bucket I brought, specifically for Frank, and emptied all the contents of my stomach into the pail.

"Shadé," I heard Frank's concerned voice ask. I should be asking him if he's ok, not the other way around. Dealing with this baby and the nausea was becoming accustomed to me. But, seeing Frank in a painful state wasn't.

"I'm okay, it's just the baby," I said before spitting into the bucket. The foul taste was still in the back of my throat.

It was casually silent for both of us, as if we were both in deep thought about what we would say next.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault," I murmured feeling the tears beginning to stain my eyes.

I heard him swallowing large gulps of water before listening to the glass being set down. "It's fine, really. I know you need my help. I understand you can't tell anyone about..." He trailed off. I knew what he meant, but I wasn't going to finish his sentence.

"I'm just going to hope Vincent doesn't say anything," I said, hopefully. I prayed he wasn't too angry with me to go and tell his parents that I was having his baby.

"Likewise," he agreed, placing his arm over his forehead as he lied back down.

"What were you two talking about, anyway," I asked finally taking a seat beside him.

"He asked me about my relationship with you," he said, peeking beneath his arm to stare at me. "I told him that we're just friends, and then he just suddenly...snaps!"

I furrow my eyebrows in concern and anger. Why is he so upset? I'm the one who should be upset! Well, I am too, but I'm not one to blame it on another person. I want, no, need to talk to Vincent. The things he's doing are frightening me. But, at the same time, I'm so mad at him, I don't even want to see his face or hear his voice. But, maybe I should. At a later time.