A New Beginning

Chapter 1- a New Beginning

I am a youtuber. No, not one of the greats like, Danisnotonfire or Charlieissocoollike, or even Kickthepj, but I am what I am. Well I wasn't yet.
My name is Kathryne Savanah. But all my friends just call me Kat. I have brown  hair just above my shoulders that curls after I shower, I have adventurous hazel eyes that are waiting to see the world, and I am 5'5. I actually started making videos just for myself, until my work went viral. What kind of videos? I make short films and occasional vlogs. I really didn't think my work was that good, but people thought otherwise. I'm not complaining, just surprised. After I reached about 1 million subscribers, I got a tweet:
Hey, I've seen some of your videos and they are really funny! Do you think if you ever came to England, you would like to make a video together? It should be fun!
-Charlie McDonnell
I literally just stood there staring at my phone for at least 5 minutes. Is this real? Did Charlie McDonnell really just invite me to London to do a video with him? I couldn't believe what was happening.
I lived in a small apartment in North Carolina, USA. I have always dreamed of going to England and meeting Youtubers, but never had the money. But now, since I put ads on my videos, I think I could afford it. I also owned a cat named stubs. I called him that because he only had a stub as a tail. He was white and orange and somewhat lazy. Like me. We made a good pair. Back to the main topic, could I really go to England? I thought it over and wrote down what would be the best decision right now. The pros and cons. I looked over the list, then it hit me. What if, I were to move to England? After all, my living arrangements were only temporary. I have nothing exciting in my life right now, no boyfriend either, the only question was, how? I called up my mom. She usually knows what to do in these situations. The phone was ringing.
"Hello?"
"Hey, mom, I have something I need to ask you."
"Yes?"
"So, how would you feel if I were to move to England?"
"Well, I actually think thats a great idea, considering the letter I got in the mail today..."
"Letter?"
"So, I was going to wait until you came over for dinner this weekend, but now seems like a good time to tell you. You were accepted to the University of London!"
"What? Oh my god, yes!" I was very excited. It is as if fate was telling me to move to London.
"But honey, it's your choice whether you want to go or not. I mean I'm not going to force you or anything, I just think it may be a great opportunity. I hear they have good schooling over there. Out of curiosity, why do you want to go?"
"So you know that YouTube channel I do?"
"Oh, yes."
"Well, I was invited to go do a video with a big youtuber and I was thinking it over and I don't see anything wrong with actually moving there. What do you think?"
" Well, it sounds like you really want to go, so I will support you on whatever your choice is."
"Thank you mom!" I was so happy.
"No problem sweety, call me later and tell me what you choose, bye!"
"Bye!"
I hung up. I was so exited. I couldn't believe I was going to England! My choice? Well hell yea, I'm going!
I really didn't have much stuff to pack, just clothes, shoes and my Xbox and games, which I am a bad ass at, by the way. I also had quite a few of my mugs for tea. I love tea. I love the taste, but what I love most, is the smell. Black tea is my favorite. Especially earl grey or English breakfast tea. I drink tea in the mornings and when I'm stressed or when it's just feeling like a tea kind of day. Also, right before I go to bed. It helps me sleep. Right before I was getting ready to go to bed, I tweeted a reply to Charlie:
Hey Charlie, thanks for watching my videos! I'm really glad you like them. So I actually have quite a surprise. I'll be moving to London ver soon! I will be going to school at the University of London next semester but I'm heading over there sometime soon to get settled in. I hope we can meet up soon!
~ Kat
3 Months Later

The night before the big move, I slept soundly after my cup of tea and drifted off. All my stuff was already packed, and I was ready to go the next morning. My friend Rea was coming over to help me get all the stuff in the car and to the airport. I would defiantly thank her for that. I would hate to do this alone.
Right before we got the last box and Stubs hopped into the back seat of the car and curled up in a cozy ball, I put the keys on the counter next to the door. The feeling of leaving your keys in your apartment and going forever was something else, but I was glad to leave and head to London. My dream. We both got in to Rea's car and drove up the steep driveway and out of the coldasac of my old apartment.
---
Thanks for reading guys! We will be in London in the next chapter! I will also be introducing a new character. I am very excited for this book and have so many ideas. Thanks for reading so far!

Check out my YouTube Channel! KatintheBox
LINK IN BIO