Chapter 11 - breakfast and discovery

I woke up and Ambreea was gone. I shot up and threw on my boxers. I ran out into the kitchen and saw her standing there. I let out a sigh of relief. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back and walked closer to her. I saw she was wearing one of my t shirts, which was like a dress on her. I smirked to myself and sat down on a bar seat. I watched as she made scrambled eggs. She was humming to herself, and it sounded like what I was humming to her last night.

She made two plates with eggs on them, then pulled out toast from the toaster. She buttered them, then handed me a plate. "Fork?" I questioned and she laughed. I pointed to what drawer they were in and she nodded. She grabbed two and handed me one.

We ate in silence before she was the one to break it, "So what are we going to do to get my dad back?" I froze and she just stared at me. She continued to press, "I mean we are going to get him, right?"

"You aren't going to get anyone," I said looking up at her. She stood there in silence and I went back to eating. We both finished in silence and then cleaned up. After I dried my hands, I turned to her and she just looked sad. "There's so much you don't know," I said and she just looked at me saying nothing. I knew what she wanted, she wanted me to explain myself. "Get dressed," I said sternly.

We both went into my room and got dressed. I put on jeans and a white t shirt. She put on her dark skinny jeans that fit her just right. Then she put on a light blue v-neck and black jacket. I smiled at her, and she tried to smile back but it turned out to be just a stare. I sighed and grabbed my keys and she looked at me ready. We both put on our shoes and left.

***

I took her to my family hideout. This was where everything was kept. She followed me in silence as I led the way. "So me and my family.. well we- I-,"I started but couldn't get the words out. "We are a family of secret agents. My parents died on their last mission and my grandparents died from old age. Since they all died and I'm the only one left, I stopped and dropped out of the agency," I finished quickly. We were now walking through the door. She looked around in amazement. I walked toward my touchscreen computer that was flat like a desk. "I put a tracking chip in your dad's drink and he swallowed it fine. It's plastic so they won't find it," I said and she came to where I was.

I pulled up the location and she yelled, "I know where that is! That was one of my dad's old sites." I nodded and zoomed in on that spot. It looked like it was on a farm in the middle of nowhere. "That was the main building," she spoke and I was confused. "That was where they stored everything. Dad only went within a 50-mile radius of that place to deal himself. Everything else was done through his men," she finished and I was shocked.

"How do you know all this?" I questioned and she smirked.

"With all the times I spent alone at home where his office was, you think I didn't snoop around?" She said with a laugh. I nodded and formed an 'o' worn my lips showing I understood. I then marked a circle showing everything within a 50 miles radius. She smiled at her part in helping.

"I'm going to send this to headquarters so they can check out that location, and everything around it if they aren't there," I spoke and she nodded. "Take me to your dad's office?" I said and she nodded.

***

We were now in her dad's place, it was huge. It was in his most known hotel. He had the whole top floor to himself. Ambreea gave me a tour of it. The kitchen was the second biggest room in the house, the first was the living room. He had a huge room and even still had one for her. They had a theater and game room as well as an exercise room and library. The last room was his office, this of course was big too. She walked over to his desk and started going through everything. His drawers all but one opened, every folder and paper, and every box. She sighed in frustration.