Chapter 1 - the mystery women

I was playing my guitar in the streets when I saw her. She had a bright red jacket on that went to her mid-thigh. It wrapped around her tightly, outlining her body perfectly. Her black dress came just a little farther than her jacket, showing the pattern. She had on black converse to cover her feet. It showed more of a child side in her, wearing those shoes. Her long blonde hair blew in the wind covering her face as she looked to me. Her hand slowly came up to put her hair out of her face. Her beautiful brown eyes looked at me and then her lips turned into a smile, a smile so big her teeth showed.

I played a little harder and it came a little louder. She stayed there looking at me as I was looking at her. The song slowly came to an end, and her eyes quickly dropped. Her hands fiddled down below, then she had her hand come up and tuck some hair behind her ear. She smiled to herself then grabbed something out of her pocket. She looked back up to me and I started to play another song. She took a few steps forward and dropped a ten-dollar bill in my guitar case. I smiled to her and she nodded then slowly she walked away.

That was the first day I saw the women in the black dress covered by the bright red jacket with those black converses.

***

It's been a week since I saw the women in the black dress covered by the bright red jacket with the black converse. I started to call her the women in red. I still play on my guitar on the same street on the same corner of that same building. I play there from the time I get off work till the clock hits twelve; everyday, for the past week.

Every day, I wait to see the women in red, but she hasn't come since that Thursday I first saw her.

***

It's mid-fall, and it's been a month since I've seen the women in red. I forgot about her, for the most part. I sometimes see her face in others on the street, but for the most part she's gone.

I still play on the same street on the same corner of that same building, every night. It's still just what I do because I love it. I don't go and wait for the women, that beautiful young women, to show anymore. I go when I want, when I'm bored and there's nothing to do, just to play my guitar on the streets. Maybe, and I mean just maybe get noticed by someone.

Now I'm playing my favorite song, singing each line loud and clear for all to hear. When the song was done, I was grinning like a child while some stopped and clapped, few dropped money in my guitar case passing by. Then I just nodded and smiled to myself. I started to pack up my things when a twenty-dollar bill fell into my guitar case, I looked up and saw the woman in red. This time she wore just the black dress with the pattern. She still had those converse on that still made me think of her as a kid. Her hair was once again down, showing how it shines in the sun. She smiled to me as she was quickly walking away and just as she disappeared into the crowed, she waved.

By this time, I was standing looking harder to still see her but she was gone. I looked back down at my case and saw writing on the twenty-dollar bill. I bent down and picked it up to see a number written on it, signed at the edge of the bill with the letters A. M. T. I smiled to myself before quickly packing up.

I walked inside the building and up to my room. I put my guitar under my bed then got in the shower. I took my time washing my hair then my body. My body relaxed under the heat, feeling comfort from the warm drops of water that trickled down my body. Once I was finished, I got out and dried off. I changed then went to my bed, sitting on the edge looking at the twenty-dollar bill. I picked up my phone and dialed the number. It rang and rang until it picked up, "Hello." She answered.