The Only Way Out (Lars' Head)

It's been too long since the last alternate ending. I was too busy working on my new AU, Beyond The Mirror. I honestly couldn't come up with an alternate ending to this episode, so I wasn't able to make one before. If you are reading this, I want to thank you because this has become my #1 published work on Wattpad and I appreciate that. So without further ado, let's continue.

Steven holds his breath inside the dimension connecting Lion's and Lars' heads as he tugs on Lars' right arm. Steven grunts, bearing his teeth as Lars' screams from the strain in his muscles. "Stop! You're gonna break my elbow!"

Steven quits tugging on the arm and he hops out of Lars' head back into reality. Lars' grips his hand, panting as Steven stands to his right, casting his eyes down to the ground. "Okay. That didn't work, but I'm sure there's another way!"

Lars' shrugs his shoulders, his forehead furrowing with crossing eyebrows. "How?! How I am supposed to get everyone including myself back to Earth, Steven, if I can't get into my own head?!" Steven puts his right hand to his chin. "Uh--well--oh wait!" Steven snaps his fingers with a smirk.

"Lars, Lion has the same powers you do!" Lars raises his eyebrow. "Whose Lion?" Steven' curl up into a grand grin of enthusiasm. "My lion! I remember that he can create portals simply by roaring!" Lars' left eye twitches. "Roaring?"

Steven's teeth pop out into his grin, raising his arms towards the sky. "Yes! Can you roar?!" Lars shakes his head in disgust. "No, Steven! I'm not a lion! I can't roar!" Steven's lips curl back down in dissapointment as his arm drop back down to his sides. "Oh. Yeah." He gives off a nervous chuckle.

Steven puts his left hand back out. "Could you try?" Lars, though reluctant to look pathetic in front of the Off Colors and Steven, really wants to help get everyone get to safety from the incoming robonoids scanning the area for them.

He sighs with a slight nod. "Okay. Just--don't make me feel stupid doing it." Steven nods as his smile returns to his visage. He turns to the Off Colors, extending out his arms. "Everyone stand back!" Steven steps away from Lars, joining the Off Colors behind him. Lars' inhales--and exhales as he closes his eyes.

Lars screams out as Steven and the Off Colors huddle together a few feet away from him. "ROAR!" Lars opens his eyes and he groans. Steven's eyes droop as Lars tries once more. "ROAR!" Steven raises his eyebrow as Lars puts less and less effort from the exhaustion building inside him.

"Roar! Roar! Roar! Roar. Roar. Roar. Ro-ar!" Lars' clutches his throat with as his right hand, panting as sweat pours down his forehead. "This--this isn't working!" Lars coughs out as Steven steps up to him. "Lars?" Lars lifts his head up, quitting his coughing.

"Oh--oh man!" He grits his teeth as Steven's sighs with his hands on his hips. "Alright, that didn't work either. Look, maybe we can-!" Suddenly, the rock blocking the passage implodes and everyone gasps, as a robonoid enters the scene.

The Off Colors step back into Steven and Lars as a couple more robonoids fly into the area. They launch their scanners in every direction in a rapid pace, scanning for no more than ten seconds before moving on. Rhodonite gulps, pressing her back into the stone tower at the center along with everyone else.

"They're--they're everywhere! This is it! We're goners!" Lars' whips his body towards Steven to his right in front of him. He bends down to place his hands on his shoulders. "Steven, you need to get back to Earth! It's not safe for you out here!" Steven shakes his head. "But it wouldn't be right to just leave you here!"

Lars grits his teeth. "But you said yourself that everyone is out to get you! Just--!" He looks away for a moment as all of the Off Colors dart for a hole to hide in except for Padparadscha. "Just stop arguing with me and let me do this for you! You brought me back to life!"

Steven casts his eyes down to the ground. "I know." Lars narrows his eyes. "So please. Let me be somebody who deserved it." Steven sighs and he nods before Lars embraces him. Steven wraps his arms around his loyal friend just the same as a robonoid drops by behind them.

A red lazer crawls down Steven's back as the gemstone embedded on his stomache flashes. Lars opens his eyes and they bulge as he gasps. "Steven, go!" He pushes him away as he bends his head down. Steven stumbles back as he turns his head to his left.

He gasps as the robonoid charges its beam, ready to fire. Steven turns back to Lars and he leaps with a grunt as the beams sprouts out from the robonoid. The pink hair on Lars' head glows as Steven holds his breath. He enters the dimension and he rushes down towards Lion's island.

He dives out once he reaches his destination and he crashes out of Lion's mane and into the temple. He lays on his side on top of the floorboards, groaning as the warp pad activates. Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Connie and Greg stand on the warp pad nearby, staring at the ground.

"This is hopeless!" Steven gets up as Pearl paces for a moment in desperation. "We're never gonna that drop ship to fly and we're losing time! Hi, Steven. What are we going to do-!" Pearl turns to Steven who is panting heavily with a smile to her right. "Hey guys." Everyone gasps, speechless from Steven's return.

They all rush down towards him with tears flowing in their eyes as Steven stops panting. His eyes build up a similar essence as he giggles from the joy of being back home where he truly belongs, wrapped around in his dad's arms safe from harm.