Stuck In The Ship (Stuck Together)

In the engine room below the deck of Aquarmine's spaceship, the owner raises her wand, hovering above the ground from her flapping water wings. Her face scrunches in her fury as her comrade grimaces along with her captives.

"Topaz, you had one job. And if you're not gonna do it, you're of no use to me!" Topaz whimpers through her teeth as she turns her head to her left to spot an array of Gem destabilizers, their tips pointed towards the ceiling.

Topaz narrows her eyes, darts for the nearest one, and slams a hand against Aquamarine's neck, taking up most of her puny form. She grunts as she gets pinned to the control system behind her.

The wand flies out of her hand and clatters on the steel ground upon impact. Topaz tightens her grip as her commander pants behind her rough palm. Topaz raises the destabilizer in her other hand, pointing it towards at her target.

Everyone stays silent as the tension builds between the two Gems. "So, a revolt, huh? And what do you plan to after this?! Go back to the Diamonds?! My gem is your hand?!" Aquamarine's eyes narrows as her tone darkens. "I'm sure they'll love that. You'll be rewarded handsomely--by being seperated--then shattered!"

Topaz widens her eyes for a moment, processing the potential consequences of her action. But hasn't she done enough already? Wouldn't Aquamarine report them anyway even though they are willing to spare her? The damage has been done, so they might as well finish it.

Topaz shakes her head as she thrusts the destabilizer into Aquamarine's face. Her visage sparks and breaks away from the discharge as the victims coughs and gags. Her form implodes into a cloud of smoke as Steven squints her eyes shut, gritting his teeth.

Steven opens his eyes again only to watch Topaz stomp on the leftover gemstone with a yell. Steven gasps as the fusion looks down at the shards with a grin. The grin, however, lasts for no more than a few seconds as they turn into a bright light that illuminates the room.

Steven and Lars crash onto the ground with a grunt as two Topazes stand together, facing one another with stern expressions. The one to Steven's left cracks first. "What did we do?! We just shattered a Gem! An Aquamarine, Topaz!"

The Topaz to Steven's right folds her arms as she turns to look down at the shards of Aquarmine's gem. "That doesn't matter now! She's gone and we're free now!" The latter growls as she press both of her hands against the sides of her visor, her gem on the right.

"No! You don't get it! Once we reach Homeworld, there's no way we're not going to get caught for this!" The Topaz with her gem on the the left side of her visor scoffs, rolling her eyes. "You heard Aquamarine! We're going to get seperated-!"
"We already are, Topaz!"

Steven breaks the two Gems apart as he steps between them. "Whoa! Whoa! Topazes, calm down. Now that Aquamarine is gone, we should focus on getting ourselves back to Earth." The Topazes exchange looks as their faces sweat. "Yeah, about that, we can't get back to Earth."

Lars' eyes bulge as Steven gapes from what the Topaz on his left said. "What?! What do you mean we can't get back? That crazy wand waving lady is gone! Nows our chance!" The Topaz on Steven's right groans as she presses two fingers to her forehead, gritting her teeth.

"We can't get back to Earth because none of us can pilot the ship. Aquamarine was our only pilot before we shattered her! All we know is how to fix an engine! And the only escape pod we had was demolished, so there is no way other out!"

She sniffles as her other comes over to place a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be okay, Topaz." She shushes her as Steven steps up to Aquarmine's shards. He picks up bits and pieces as his hand stings from the sharp edges. He groans as strings of blood drizzle down the palm of his left hand.

After picking up the last piece, Steven bubbles the shards together and taps the top to send them away. Suddenly, the ship jerks for a moment as a notification pops up on a blue screen in Gem script, signifying their arrival. The Topazes step up to it, blinking with widening eyes.

The one with the gem on the right side sighs. "It's too late. We're here." Steven turns around to look into the sweating visages of the Topazes. Their eyes droop as the latter bites her lip. "Sorry, guys. We're going to have to take you in now."

The other Topaz widens her eyes and rushes up the stairs. "But--the door! We need a pilot to open it! Oh we're stuck here! Stuck--together." The Topaz with Steven and Lars tilts her head towards the stairs. The two captives nod to each other before following the Topaz up the stairs.

Steven, Lars and the Topazes stare at the locked hatch as they join together. "We need to open that door. If we don't, someone else will and we'll all get into serious trouble." Steven looks up at the small, circular platform above him and he gasps, pointing at it. "The control panel is up there!"

He leaps onto the Topazes shoulders, pressing a hand to the back of the head of the one on his right. "I think I can get up there!" Lars' right eye twitches as he gawks up at him. "Are you crazy?! You're only going to hurt yourself!"

Steven turns his head towards Lars. "Trust me! I have floating powers! I leaped into the sky one time--and it may have taken me all night to get back down, but I did it!" Steven turns back to the platform and jumps onto it with a grunt.

He steps up to Aquarmine's chair as he gazes at the panel attached to the right of it. He rests his butt on the seat and he twists his head over to the panel. He raises his eyebrow as he contemplates the quadrilateral silhouette with dots on the screen.

His face sweats as he taps a finger on the dot at the bottom of the shape. The ship rumbles as Steven shifts the dot over to another on the side. "Uh, maybe it's this one?" The ship jerks against the wall of the docking bay causing Steven's head to rebound off the screen.

He grunts as he presses a hand to his forehead, groaning in anguish. The passengers hit the ground on their sides before sitting back up. Steven reaches out to tap another button as the Topaz with the gem on the left interrupts him. "Hey, Rose Quartz! Quit jerking the shipping around and slide the shape off the screen!"

She hits the ground with a thud, clenching her teeth as Steven swipes the shape of the screen only to look upon a few more shapes. "Ugh! Where are the labels on these things?!" He taps his fingers against all of the shapes, causing the ship to shut down. The lights turn off and everything goes dark. "Whoops."