Lightning and Ice (The Trial)

Okay. I apologize for the delay on this one. I wrote it back on Sunday, but Wattpad timed out before I can publish it. I failed to save it and it erased everything but most of the first paragraph. This shouldn't happen again, but in case it does, I hope you guys understand why.

Taking place inside the courthouse on Homeworld's galaxy is the trial of Rose Quartz's presumed crime of shattering one of Homeworld's greatest leaders. Steven, being the accused, stands next to his lawyer, the Zircon of Blue Diamond, in bewilderment.

Yellow's Zircon stands beside the throne of her mistress, her eyebrow raising as she reconsiders her argument to no avail. Blue Diamond and the Pearls gaze at the Zircon, paying close attention to her incredible theory as she paces about in the void.

Zircon stops in front of Steven, bending her head down with her eyes shut for a moment. "No. Whoever did this was already close to Pink Diamond. Someone her guards would allow to get near her. Someone she would listen to would ask to stop her palanquin and step outside."

Zircon lifts her head up. "And someone with the authority to cover it up afterwards! Someone with supreme authority." She widens her eyes as turns her head. "Someone--!" She turns to the Diamonds, pointing her fingers at them. "Like one of YOU!"

Blue Diamond gasps, her eyes bulging as Yellow Diamond puts her crossed leg down from her other to get up from her throne. She narrows her eyes down on the Zircon, thrusting a finger down towards her. Steven gasps as he springs into action.

He grabs Zircon by the waist and he pulls her away as the finger crashes down in front of them. Steven lets go of her as Yellow Diamond charges up her energy, her body emanating sparks as the duo turn their backs to her.

They start running as Yellow Diamond fires a stream of lightning from her fingertips. The ground implodes as soon as the lighting strikes upon it. Steven and Zircon dive out of the way as a plume of smoke shoots upwards behind them.

Zircon gets up as she points out the palanquin. "Quick! In there!" Steven rushes over to Lars to pop the green murky bubble from around his head and he helps him back up on his feet. Steven directs him to the Palanquin as Blue Diamond abruptly gets up from her throne, realizing their escape plan.

She fires a beam of ice from her fingertips, causing the target ground to instantly turn into a frozen puddle upon impact. Steven pushes Zircon out of the way, gritting his teeth. He twists his head towards a panel on his left with a hand imprinted on it that appears to be twice his size.

He slaps his hand on it, causing the panel to glow, illuminating his face and shirt. He slides his pointer finger down to maneuver the palanquin over to the right, narrowing avoiding a stream of lightning. He slides his finger back up to swerve to the left as a beam of ice hits its side.

Lars slams into Zircon with a grunt, causing her to groan as she clenches her teeth. She pushes him off of her as she gets up. Her face slam into the side of the panel, causing the monocle on her right eye to crack. She pushes herself up and she pushes Steven away from her.

"Ugh! Move over, Rose Quartz!" She slaps her own hand onto the panel as lightning strikes the front right leg of the palanquin out of the four. Zircon slides her thumb finger down to back up as the contraption stumbles towards the wall behind it.

Ice streams between Steven and Lars and Zircon, freezing the back side. The palanquin crashes into the wall, causing it to jerk forward. Zircon slaps her other hand on the panel as her right foot slides down. She grunts as she pushes herself back up to support herself.

Yellow and Blue Diamond at the next moment, fire their powers at the same time, creating a beam of lightning and ice which is heading straight towards the palanquin, point blank in the center. Zircon attempts to move it out of the way only to jerk it back into the wall in time for the beam to hit the center front side.

The wall bursts open, allowing the palanquin to slip out of the courthouse and into the abyss surrounded by multiple multicolored buildings on all sides. The contraption picks up momentum as it crashes down into the rough, dusty earth below.

The palanquin breaks apart as Zircon crawls out, panting heavily from the crash. Steven and Lars stuggles to get up, catching their breathes as Zircon processes their surroundings. "Who were those ladies?!"

Steven coughs out for a moment. "They're the Diamonds, Lars! They've been after my mom for thousands of years and now they're after me! We gotta move!" They catch up to Zircon as she wanders off, attempting to pull a screen from monocle only to draw out thin air.

She growls as puts two fingers to her jawline. "Dang! The lens is cracked." Her eyes roll around before they widen. "Wait a minute! These grounds have been deserted. We must've crash landed into uncharted territory!"

She spots the stone structures lying around them. "These structures once belonged to-!" She gasps, covering her mouth for a moment. "We must be in Premier Kindergarten! It's the first Kindergarten ever built on our homeland!"

She stops as she presses a hand on a slab of stone, looking her directly in the eye with illegible script inscribed on it. "This Gem script is ancient. I haven't seen something like this in a long time."

A lazer scans Zircon's back from her bright arced hair to her handkerchief where her gemstone resides. The gemstone glows as a beam charges from behind her. "Not since-!" The cone-shaped robonoid zaps her back, causing her to lurch forward and poof.

Steven immediately notices and he dives for the gem as the beam charges up once more. His shield pops up in time as the beam rebounds off of it and back to its trigger, causing it to explode. Steven gets up and bubbles the the gem before tapping the top to send it to Earth for safety as an onslaught of robonoids heads towards Steven and Lars.