Unregistered Combatant (Sworn To The Sword)

Steven rushes into the arena, panting. He watches in horror as Pearl brainwashes Connie further before his very eyes. Pearl holds up a finger. "Remember, Connie. In the heat of battle, Steven is what matters. You don't matter."

Connie looks down in understanding. "I don't matter." Hearing this, Steven freaks out and he starts charging down the stairs. "Now, let's us..." Pearl sretches out her arms as her gem glows. "Begin!"

Clouds swirl into the arena, covering it for the final training session. Steven wanders in the fog, calling out to his friend. "Connie!" He looks around. "Connie, where are you?! CONNIE!" A light approaches him from behind.

Steven turns around and he looks upon a Holo Pearl armed with a sword. "Eheheheh. You wouldn't happen to see Connie would you?"
"UNREGISTERED COMBATANT DETECTED!" The Holo Pearl draws back her sword, preparing to strike.

Steven stands his ground as the sword strikes down at him. Steven quickly summons his shield to block the attack. He then knocks the Holo Pearl down by hitting her in the chest with the shield.

Steven grits his teeth as he continues to wander the area. "CONNIE!" Another glow overshadows his figure. He turns around and he immediately sends his shield clashing into the next Holo Pearl's sword.

"Argh! Come on!" Steven glares at her as he forces the sword point away from him. He lunges at the Holo Pearl with a yell before he shatters it to pieces. His face sweats as he starts running through the arena floor.

In a frantic search, Steven growls and groans as yet another Holo Pearl charges towards him. "STOP FOLLOWING ME!" Steven doesn't look back as the glow brightens more and more.

Steven's starts to crack as his frown quivers. "CONNIE!" A Holo Pearl jumps down in front of him, causing Steven to tear up. He block and then he trusts the sword into the Holo Pearl once more.

Steven closes his eyes as he presses a hand against his forehead. "YOU WILL DO IT FOR HIM!" Steven gasps as he abruptly opens his eyes. "CONNIE!" Steven reaches out for her as he feels something penetrate him.

Steven looks down at the sword and the blood pouring out of his chest. "UNREGISTERED COMBATANT DEFEATED!" He realizes that it's the same one from earlier that he knocked down before coming across the others.

Ultimately, Steven couldn't handle the loss of his best friend that he has put himself in danger leading up to his demise. He could see Connie clashing swords with Pearl. He could see the swords clashing in multiple different directions and patterns.

Steven's vision blurs as he could hear the screaming coming from the fight. Tears stream out of his eyes as he hears another sound, causing the battle to end. The brown blurs collapses as he closes his eyes.

"So you have failed." Pearl looks down at Connie's fallen body. "What a shame. You could've been such a valuable asset to STEVEN!" Pearl rushes over to Steven as the fog retracts and Holo Pears dissapear.

Pearl kneels down, heaving with widening eyes. "Rose." She covers her mouth. "What have I done? This is all my fault." Pearl tears up as she stands in the pool of blood with the sword in her hand. She drops it and she looks around.

"I can't believe I did that. I need to run away. Far away. I can't let Garnet and Amethyst catch me or else..." Pearl covers her face with her hands. "They're going to shatter me." She gets up, gritting her teeth.

She puts her hands down and she runs to the warp pad. "They'll never catch me." She pants as she reaches the warp pad. "I'll find a new home! Maybe I can live with the humans! I don't know! I'll do something!"

She stands on the warp pad. "But until then..." She warps away. Just as soon as she did, a figure appears in her place. She rushes into the arena and she gasps, taking off her visor. "Rose. We're...sorry."