Just Let It Happen (Future Vision)

Steven climbs up onto the roof, breathing heavily as he struggles to stand up. Rain pours down his entire body as heavy winds brush past him and lightning flashes in the sky.

Steven looks up at the sky. "Okay, I'm here! What are you going to do to me, future!" Lightning continues to flash in the sky. Garnet's voice echoes in Steven's head.

"But do not go on the roof. No matter what."
"I...I don't understand. What's going to happen to me on the roof?!" Steven stares at the sky, tearing up.

The lightning flashes again as Steven sees Garnet's face for a moment. "Why did you have to tell me about future vision, Garnet! I can't live like this! The more I know, the more I don't know!"

Steven struggles to keep his balance as the wind continues to whip at his body. "I've had enough! If something's going to happen to me here, just let it happen." Steven holds out his arms and he closes his eyes for a moment.

He then opens them as he looks around, anxiously for Garnet. "Garnet?! Garnet?!" He presses both hands on his face. "Is this the end?! Is THIS my fate?!" Steven looks up at the sky as more images appear.

"Huh?!" One flash, a picture of Amethyst. Another, a picture of Peridot. Another, a picture of a Gem Steven has never seen before. "Wh-Who was that?!"

Pearl's voice echoes in the sky. "STEVEN!" Garnet's face appears once more. "STEVEN!" Amethyst again. "STEVEN!" And then Rose. She doesn't say anything. She just stares at Steven.

"M-mom?!" Suddenly, one last flash appears before lightning strikes down at Steven. The warp pad actives as Garnet rushes out onto the porch. But she was too late.

She gasps. "STEVEN!" Steven falls off the roof and into Garnet's hands. "Steven!" She puts Steven's body down and Garnet clenches her fists. "NO!" Garnet unfuses.

Ruby and Sapphire stare down at Steven in horror. "He's gone, Ruby. Steven's brain has been fried. There's nothing else we can do." Ruby shoots Sapphire a dirty look.

"Are you serious?! STEVEN IS DEAD! DEAD, SAPPHIRE! HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM DURING THIS TRAGEDY?!" "Ruby, I'm not one to show emotion. I'm just as upset as you are. I wish we could've come sooner."

"EXACTLY SAPPHIRE! EXACTLY! BUT NO! WE HAD TO FOCUS ON THE MISSION! WE JUST HAD TO FOCUS ON THE MISSION! WE JUST HAD TO TELL HIM ABOUT FUTURE VISION!"

Sapphire walks up to Steven's body. She kneels down and she puts a hand on Steven's cheek. "You could've saved us, Steven. We just weren't careful enough."

Ruby stares at her gem. "I deserve to be shattered, Sapphire."
"Ruby, don't say that." Sapphire gets up and she walks over to Ruby to reassure her. "No one deserves to get shattered. Especially you."

Ruby tears up. "We're too late. This is all our faults." Sapphire puts a hand on Ruby's shoulder. "We won't make the same mistake again. From now on, future vision will stay between the two of us and Garnet."

Ruby calms down the best she could before responding. "I understand. Thank you, Sapphire." The two hug each other as they fuse back into Garnet.