Malachite's Triumph (Super Watermelon Island)

Alexandrite struggles to break out of the ice as Malachite gets up from being knocked over by the Watermelon Stevens. Alexandrite watches helplessly as Malachite sweeps the battlefield.

"WHAT IS THIS!" Malachite pounds the ground with her fist. "YOU THINK YOU CAN HOLD ME DOWN?!" She wipes the field clean with her giant hand. "NOBODY CAN!"

The sky pours of Watermelon Stevens, each one crashing down into watermelon slices. Malachite raises her foot above Steven who is in his own Watermelon Steven. "Not anymore."

Alexandrite roars as Malachite stomps on Steven, sending him back to the barn as his normal self. Malachite laughs as Alexandrite continues to roar in her ice trap. "HOW COULD YOU?!"

Malachite turns around, her teeth emerging into her twisted smile. "Fusion, you have been quite a formidable adversary I'll give you that!" She trudges through the water as she approaches Alexandrite.

"But ultimately, I'm the supreme fusion above all other fusions before me! That's all you are and that's all you'll ever be! And I can just..." Malachite grabs Alexandrite by the chest and she starts squeezing.

"TEAR YOU APART!" Alexandrite screams in anguish as she starts to glow. "UNTIL YOU ARE NO MORE!"
"I-I c-can't!" Finally, Alexandrite glows until she really is no more.

Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst, unconscious from the damage, plummet into the sea below them. Malachite smirks as she watches the Gems sink in the ocean.

"Hmph! Just look at you. You're all nothing more than itty bitty rocks at my feet. You have all given up and you have proven to me that I'm the stronger fusion. That I'm much more compatible and unstoppable."

Malachite raises her hands above the surface of the water on front of her. "And you are NEVER coming back again. You will all be where I used to stay. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, FROZEN FOR ETERNITY!"

Malachite inhales before she exhales. She slowly encases the Gems in one enormous ice ball. "Sleep well, Crystal Gems. BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER WAKING UP!" Malachite jumps into the air and she sprouts out her water wings.

"Now then, time to find Rose Quartz and finish her off forever! After that, maybe...I can just live...freely. Come on, Malachite. Just one more mission. You can do this! WE CAN DO THIS!"

She flies away and she travels at great speed as she heads for Beach City. Meanwhile, Steven wakes up as Peridot jumps away from him. "What happened?!"

Steven could never be more pale. He failed to save Alexandrite. And now, she's long gone along with her counterparts. "I just thought...I could save them." Steven's voice shakes as the ground shakes along with it.

"But Malachite was just...too powerful! I can't do this anymore!" He tears up as the wind brushes against him. "Why am I just not good enough?! Why can't I be just like my mom?!"

"BECAUSE YOU HAVE OUTGROWN YOUR FORMER GLORY!" Malachite crashes down to the ground. She stares down at Steven and Peridot, heaving. Steven grits his teeth as his hands curl into fists.

Peridot gasps, having never seen Malachite before. "So this...is Jasper and Lazuli's...fusion?" Peridot stares at Malachite in awe. "Woah." Steven steps up to Malachite. "FINALLY, ROSE QUARTZ HAS COME TO CHALLENGE ME-!"

"I'M! NOT! ROSE!" Steven jabs his fist into Malachite as hard as he can before he collapses in front of her. "WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" Malachite raises an eyebrow. "Huh? Did what?"
"YOU GOT RID OF THEM DIDN'T YOU?!"

Malachite glares down at him. "Yeah. So?" Steven tears through his hair as he growls in his frustration. "SO?! THEY MAY BE WORTH NOTHING TO YOU, BUT ME, THEY WERE MY FAMILY!"

Malachite growls. "WHAT ARE SAYING, ROSE?!" Steven gets up and he starts banging his head on Malachite. "STOP! CALLING! ME! ROSE! He growls at the fusion again.

"MY NAME IS STEVEN! STEVEN QUARTZ UNIVERSE! I AM ROSE'S SON! CAN'T YOU TAKE A HINT?!" Malachite frowns. "So you just want me to call you Steven?"
"Yes!"

Steven looks up at Malachite with tears streaming down from his eyes. "AND I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT YOU AS MUCH AS I WANT TO!"
"Huh?"

"I'M NOTHING LIKE ROSE! SHE'S GONE! DEAD! NEVER TO BE SEEN EVER AGAIN! I NEVER EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO MEET HER!" He jabs a finger into Malachite.

"HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU LOST SOMEONE THAT EVERYBODY ELSE THINKS YOU ARE?! IT'S NOT FAIR!" Steven turns to Peridot as the ground starts to shake.

"Peridot, we need to get the drill started. We're going down there and we are going to destroy the Cluster." Malachite turns away from Steven and she looks down at her next to her.

She sighs. "I want to end her but...no. Enough. She's not Rose. She's long gone. You did everything you wanted to. Now let me go. NO! I CAN'T LET YOU GO! YOU MUST! BUT WE ARE MALACHITE NOW! I'M DONE!"

Malachite glows. "WAIT! STOP! LAPIS, NO!" Lapis and Jasper fall to the ground as Steven and Peridot start up the drill. The drill makes contact with the ground and it dissapears. Lapis and Jasper get up and they face each other.

"Why did we have to crush him, Jasper? He isn't your nemesis! He saved me from a mirror and without me, you would be nothing!"
"Lapis, I...I thought you were fine with us being Malachite."

"Well I'm not! I was fine when it came to the Crystal Gems. But when we hurt Steven, we also hurt ME!"
"I thought-!"
"YOU THOUGHT WRONG! AND IT'S NOT LIKE WE CAN JUST GO BACK TO THAT ISLAND AND HELP THOSE GEMS! THEY'RE GONE AND IT'S HER FAULT!"

Jasper sighs as a bird flies by. "What Ro-Steven said to us earlier, he thought that we don't have the burden that he has."
Lapis folds her arms. "Well, I don't."
"But I do. I also lost my own mom."

Jasper looks down at the grass as she heads inside the barn. "My Diamond. His Diamond." She turns back to face Lapis. "Pink Diamond." Lapis folds her arms as she huffs. She looks down. "I'm sorry, Steven."