You Don't Know (Mindful Education)

Stevonnie stands her ground on the sky arena, ready to fight four distinctive Holo Pearls standing at Pearl's guard. "Begin!" Pearl sends her hand down and the Holo Pearl's lunge towards Stevonnie.

Stevonnie spins as the Holo Pearl with the spear thrusts it at her. The Holo Pearl twirls the spear and she sends it upward as Stevonnie jump spins. She slashes the through the Holo Pearl's side, causing it to disintegrate.

Another Holo Pearl with an axe rushes towards her. She jumps as she draws the axe back over her head. Stevonnie blocks the strike with her sheild, rebounding the axe. The Holo Pearl swings the axe, trying again. Stevonnie swings the sword through her and she kicks her away.

Pearl smiles expectantly at Stevonnie. "Great technique, Stevonnie!" She ducks as two dismembered Holo Pearls fly towards her. They implode as they hit the ground. "Whew! Keep it up!" Stevonnie turns to face her, smiling. "Thanks, ma'am!"

Stevonnie turns back to the Holo Pearl with the sword. She darts towards her with great speed. "Hyah!" She lunges and she impales her. "Uh, uh..." Stevonnie gazes into Bismuth's sudden presence. "Oh, oh, uh..." Bismuth looks down at the sword and then back up at Stevonnie.

Stevonnie gapes as she explodes into a swarm of butterflies. "Oh no. It's happening again!" Stevonnie starts backing away, looking down. "Who was that? Bismuth--Steven--oh no. It's coming for me now!"
"Stevonnie!"

Stevonnie gasps and she unfuses in a second. Steven and Connie lay on the ground before Pearl and Garnet. Connie gasps as she abruptly sits up. She looks over to her side to see Steven writhing and groaning. "Gah!" He heaves, his eyes squinting with sweat pouring off his face.

"JASPER! EYEBALL! MOM! WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING BACK?! I'M SORRY!" He sobs as Garnet approaches him. "What's happening to him, Garnet?" Garnet shushes Pearl as she leans down towards Steven. "Steven?"

Steven gasps as he opens his tearstained eyes. He looks up at Garnet and he continues to sob. "Why did I have to be the one to carry my mom's legacy?! Why did I have to be the one to hurt everyone?!"

"Steven, you are not your mother. You are your own person."
"Then why did I impale Bismuth... corrupt Jasper...and throw Eyeball out?!" Garnet facepalms. "Oh Steven." She takes off her visor. "If only you never knew."

Connie steps in. "Wait. Steven, you've got nothing to fear. I'm here." She places a hand on his. "It's gonna be okay. Look, I know it feels bad, but I went through that too." Steven abruptly sits up, glaring at her.

"OH YEAH?! DID YOU HURT THREE GEMS?!" Steven holds three fingers up to Connie's face. "No. But-!"
"DID YOU EVEN HURT ONE GEM?!" He puts down two fingers.
"I-I don't think so."
"THEN YOU JUST DID!"

"Steven?!" Steven gets up from the ground. "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BAD THIS FEELS! SO WHAT IF YOU BEAT ONE GUY UP! I BEAT THREE UP, CONNIE! THREE!"
Garnet puts her hands on Steven's shoulders as he heaves.

"Steven, calm down. You're over exaggerating on this. Just take a deep breath and-!"
"SHUT UP!" Garnet, Pearl and Connie gasp. "SHUT UP ALL OF YOU! YOU DON'T WHAT IT'S LIKE! YOU DON'T KNOW AT ALL!"

Pearl steps in. "Alright, Steven. We don't appreciate your tone and we are greatly concerned of you and your issues. We always have been. Just please talk to us." Steven tears up, unresponsive.

"Look, I shattered multiple Gems during the war." Garnet looks over at her. "Pearl!"
"I know what it's like! You really think you have it worse?! YOU DON'T! I had no pity shattering a single Gem on that battlefield and I did it all for her!"

"You mean my mom?"
"I DID IT FOR YOU, ROSE! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE ME WHAT I WANT ALREADY AND GET RID OF THAT IMPECCABLE LITTLE BRAT YOU CALL YOURSELF STEVEN!" Pearl covers her mouth, her eyes and everyone else's widening.

Pearl facepalms. "I'm so sorry!" She gets up and she runs out of the arena with tears flowing out of her eyes. "PEARL!" Garnet growls. "YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID! STOP FEELING SO DANG GUILTY OF YOURSELF AND GET A GRIP, STEVEN!"

She gets up and she walks away towards the exit. "You're not the only one with issues you know. There are others who have it far worse than you do. I suggest you start feeling a little more grateful with what you have. Just take a moment, Steven."

Garnet leaves Steven and Connie alone as the sun sets down on the arena. Steven sighs. "I'm sorry, Connie. I shouldn't have done that."
"Hey, it's okay. You just have to ask yourself how bad it feels so you can move on." Steven looks onward into the sunset. "I...guess your right."