Meeting Kirstin

It took Avi another couple of hours to be done with the assignment.
He looked at the clock and sighed.
There were just 2 or 3 hours left before he had to get up again and he knew himself well enough to know that sleeping for such a short time was going to do more harm than good.
He walked closer to his friend, removed the copy from under his head and made sure that he was comfortable enough before grabbing his keys and walk out of the room.
Avi wondered a bit around before finding a nice place to sit.
It was very unusual for him to be awake at this time in the night since he really loved sleeping, but he had to admit that there was something really poetic about the campus when nobody was around and the stars lighten up the place.
No artificial light, no noise, just nature taking all the space that she could in a place like that.
Avi smiled and took off his pocket a little piece of paper and the pen that he was used to bring always with him and started to hum a little.
Earlier that day he had showed Scott his ideas about the first cover that they were arranging but maybe, since he had a bit of free time, he could do some work on the other one as well before their meeting the following day.
He started to go through the song, line by line, and he was so focused that he didn't realize the sunset had already come.
When the first rays of light touched his face, Avi raised his eyes from his work and took few moments to enjoy the moment.
He was really tired but seeing a natural show like that made him feel like it was worth it.
He stayed like that, eyes to the sky and a wide smile on his face, until the alarm on his phone reminded him that it was time to wake John and get ready for class.
When he got to his room he found his friend already awake, while his roommate was still sleeping.
-Man, where were you?!- John asked before he could say anything.
-The assignment took me more time that I thought and, when I finished it, it was too late to go to sleep so I just worked on some other stuff-
- You could have woken me up, maybe I could had done a bit more and you could had had some sleep. You look like you need it-
-This is because I do need it, but it doesn't matter, really. Just help me find some decent clothes now-
-Why? It's not like you have never cared about your outfit!-
-Yeah, I know, but since I failed in not looking like a zombie today, at least I could try to look as good as I can-
-Why? What's so special about today?-
Avi sighed.
He knew that if John would had known the real reason he would have made fun of the bass for the rest of his life but he couldn't lie to his friend, he would found out sooner or later.
-You know, if you don't say anything I'm just going to assume that you are into Scott and you want to look good for your meeting with him today-
-How do you know that I'm meeting Scott?! –
Avi's surprise made John laugh.
-Because it's pretty much all you're doing these days: meeting him or work on something to show him on your next meeting. Buy the way, he must be pretty handsome if he made you fall so much!-
-I'm not in love with him if that's what you mean. I just wanted.....it doesn't matter. And by the way it's not for him that I want to look good-the bass said, blushing.
-But it is because of someone, right? Are you going to meet someone without telling me?! I could feel a little betrayed here-
This was Avi's turn to laugh.
-I wouldn't say that I didn't tell you. I just didn't know when our meeting was going to happen and it's not a date, so......I just want Kirstin to think the best possible of me-
-So it's Kirstin that you are meeting!!! I should have known! Who else could come with Scott and made you so uncomfortable at the same time?
Ok, so you definitely need my help. Let me just look through your stuff and I will come out with the perfect outfit. You know I'm good at this. You just go to take a shower, maybe that will help you to wake up a little-
Avi didn't even reply but just followed his friend's instruction without any further question.
He was too tired to argue about anything.
Maybe not sleeping wasn't the best decision he could made.
He let himself enjoy the warm embrace of the hot water for a little, then turned the faucet knob all toward the cold side.
He felt his entire body contract and he wasn't able to breath for a couple of seconds.
It was kinda of a horrible feeling but he knew that it was the only way to wake up a little.
-Ehi bassman. You all right? You didn't fell asleep in the shower, did you?-
Avi laughed and got out of the bathroom.
-No, I didn't-he replied, taking the clothes John was handing to him.
-And I suggest you take a shower too. I'll be waiting in the cafeteria. And be quick. We are going to be late even today-
-I'll try to be as fast as I can but if I don't show up before you finish your breakfast go without me. I'll catch up, I promise-
-As you wish. Seems that maybe I can be on time today-
-Like if it's my fault if we are always late-
-Let's just say that is not usually mine-
-If you say so Kaplan-said John with a smile before closing the door of the bathroom.
Avi shook his head and walked down the stairs, grabbed some croissant from the cafeteria and a cup of coffee and headed straight to the building where they had the first class of the day, walking in in the exact same moment as his teacher.
For the first time in that year he wasn't late.