Avi

College truly was amazing.

He knew never truly get used not to be around to his family every day, but going places with his acapella group was just the most amazing thing in the universe.

He threw his bag on his bed and sighed disappointed.

His roommate had taken over the room again.

Everyone kept saying that girls were tidier than the boys, that they were clean and everything, but his roommate was just awful.

Not that he minded rooming with a girl, even if it was something that doesn't happen often, the problem was the girl itself.

-A Canadian idiot that kept leaving her things all around the room-he muttered, picking up clothes and other stuff from the floor just to throw everything on her bed.

He wasn't the tidiest person in the world, but he liked to see where he was putting his feet.

-Why can't I live touring the world with the boys?!-he sighed, fixing the nail that kept his American flag in place.

He looked around and sighed once more.

There was no way that the room could look like a normal place so he just gave up on tidying it up, climbed on his bed and took his computer.

He was supposed to send a paper that was due on two days that he had never started to write.

Too bad that college was not only about acapella concerts.

It took him most of the day to finish the paper, but, right before dinner, he was able to reread it with a proud smile on his face.

Lots of things could have been said about Avriel Kaplan, but not that he wasn't good at what he did.

He opened his email account to send the paper to his teacher, just to get the thing out of the way forever, and then checked on all the mails he had received.

One of them stuck out because it was from someone he was sure he didn't know but whose name was not new to him.

-Let's see what this Scott Hoying wants from me-he muttered open the mail.

It was probably the weirdest mail he had ever received and Avi was surprised someone could be bold or brave enough to send a message to someone they've never met asking him to join an acapella group.

This Scott seemed weird enough to deserve an answer, and by the way, there wasn't a real reason not to write him back.

-What am I gonna write to him though? -Avi looked around, trying to find the right words, something that had always been truly difficult to him.

"You just have to be honest and tell him you don't even know who he is" said the voice of his sister in his head.

Esther had always been the one to make him reason about things so it just made sense that his rationality spoke with her voice. Still a little weird though.

-Ok, I'm just gonna be as honest as ever-he sighed, starting to type.

He sent the mail and go downstairs, where his best friend was waiting for him to go to dinner.

-Ehi, Kaplan late for dinner, that's new!-John said when he saw the dark head of Avi coming down the staircase, making his friend laugh.

-I just had to finish the paper about the history of Gregorian chant and you know how hard things can get when you try to write something for history of music-

-Oh my gosh, I've almost forgot about it! Thanks for remind me! I was never going to turn it in.

Wait, did you really get Gregorian chant as topic for your research? -