Meeting Scott

He woke up the next morning full of energy.

He looked at his laptop, realizing that he still had to reply to Scott.

Silly as it sounds, he wanted to impress him, so he put all his effort to write something that could make the boy think that he was a serious and hardworking guy.

Not that he wasn't, he just wanted to be sure that Scott could only think the best about him before they meet.

He left for class with only the thought of this new band in his mind.

-So, did you say yes to.....What was his name again?-John greeted him as soon as Avi walked down the stairs and joined him for breakfast.

-Scott-the bass said, without really replying to the question.

-So, did you tell him that you would sing with them? -

-I told him that I would meet him to talk about it-Avi said, trying not to give away how excited he was about the entire thing.

-But you're going to say yes, right? -

-Are you going to stop annoying me about it? -

-Not really, I think. So, what are you going to do? -

-We already went over this last night, why do I always have to repeat myself with you? -he sighed, putting his plate down on the table.

-Because you're so much smarter than me-John said, sitting next to him.

John wasn't used to eat breakfast, Avi had never understood how could he stay alive and be so full of energy in the morning with only a cup of coffee in his stomach, but he had always kept Avi company in the morning since the bass wasn't really friend with any of the other people in the dorm and hated eating alone, used as he was to have a house full of people.

Avi's family was pretty big for the standard.

-I'm not smarter than you idiot-

-You have just contradicted yourself in only one sentence, this must be a new record, even for you! -

Avi didn't reply but took another bite of his breakfast.

Their first class would have started in less than half an hour and they were surely going to be late.

-Ehi bassman, your phone is ringing, care to pick up? -John said at some point, waking him up from his thoughts.

Avi looked at his phone, noticing that he didn't know the number that was calling him.

Before he could decide whether to answer the call or not, the phone stop ringing and silence fell on the cafeteria, now almost empty.

They were definitely going to be late for class, as usual.

-So, who was it? Don't they know you don't like to talk in the morning? -asked casually John.

-Seems you don't neither since you haven't stop talking since you saw me-

-Someone is nervous today, uh? -

-Someone is annoying today, uh? -

-I'm not-

-Then why are you still talking? -

-'Cause you didn't answer my question!-

-I did!! You just didn't like the answer! -Avi almost shouted, his voice so full of exasperation that John had to constrain himself to laugh.

-All right, all right. Cool down bassman, you still have a whole day to go through and, trust me, if I know you even just a little, you don't want to start a day like this-