The Newest Member Of The Brotherhood

Start from the beginning

I scoffed, "What do you know about me?" I said dryly, trying to get out of his hold that was beginning to confuse the hell out of me.

"I know you have three brothers;" He began. "I know you're incredably smart;" His voice grew quieter, "I know you live alone;" And he leaned in towards me. "I know you're independent; I know you like men. And..." Mr. Grant's fingers touched my chin and forced my eyes into his. It was so dark, I could only see the slight radiating warmth of his caramel eyes. "I know you're not aware of how much you drive them crazy."

What's that supposed to mean?

"Diana?" Cole's sleepy voice barged in both Charlie and I's conversation and making me flinch away in shock. That boy probably wasn't aware he was even talking. "Why do you like Andy Carl?"

I watched as Mr. Grant stood up straighter, releasing his grip from me and slipping away downstairs. I sighed and looked at Cole, brushing his hair back, trying to relax him to sleep. "Because he likes me." Was all I thought to say, and it was to my empty room as Cole began to snore.

That was when I changed into a big shirt and shorts to sleep in, but realized I would have to sleep in one of the many guest rooms. As I left my room my name was called quietly by Chris. "Come down with us." He said.

I didn't know if I was awake enough for long conversations and sudden questions but I shrugged and headed down the stairs anyway. "Sorry, you can go back up, you look tired." Bailey said, giving Chris' head a good smack.

"It's fine, I'm already here." I said softly and went the the garage for more water.

"We're playing a game." They said when I came back in, sounding intoxicated. "It's a typical highschool game and I'm pretty sure we're doing it wrong, so tell us if we are." Bailey said.

James reached out to the bottle of tequila and filled all six of the shot glasses for each of them. "So we're asking would-you-rather-questions and then after someone answers and someone else has done it before they take a shot. Is that how it goes?" He asked me.

I chuckled lightly and shrugged. "You're asking the wrong person." I told them.

"It's wrong!" Tyler said, eyes focused on his phone as he slapped his leg roughly. "It's called never-have-I-ever."

And all the guys immediately threw their heads back, saying Ohhhh! in realization.

"Wanna play, Diana?" James asked, having a pillow thrown at him by Austin.

"She probably had enough to drink at the party!"

"Actually, I didn't have anything to drink at the party." I admitted, seeing my brother's impressed faces.

"I guess you can play with us." Austin then said. "But you'll have to share a shotglass with someone."

I sat between James and Tyler and immediately the guys said, "Nose goes."

And everyone's index went to the tip of their nose like teenagers. They all watched Mr. Grant, who was lastly and quickly putting his finger to his nose and he groaned. "I already lost, come on." He said, sounding like a casual man who joked with his friends.

"Alright alright," Tyler said, suddenly acting generous. "She'll share with me.

"Honestly, I don't feel comfortable having shots with an eighteen-yearold." Austin added in.

I rolled my eyes and watched as Tyler stood up and went the kitchen, bringing back a box of cold pinnapple cubes. Mr. Grant glared at Tyler and Chris as they exchanged fruit in front of him and he began to sneeze. "Tyler." James laughed and nodded over to Charlie who was trying not to sneeze. Oh such a cute and manly sneeze.